• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
SE Mid-Long Range Discussion

CAD_Wedge_NC

Lol, thanks for the compliment. Yep, I knew Utzi the Iceman when he was just learning to forge copper....I told him not to go hiking in the Alps! Actually, there is documentation in one of the caves of Lascoux. Pretty much says, "Ug, thinks Jan. is a torch and the world is ending"!

"No, Mountain Foots, says the pattern is changing, and don't jump down the cliff face where we herd the mammoth".

And Ug says, "Ok, I'll hold off, but the signs don't look good...I think the world is ending". Then there is a pictographic depiction of a mammoth up to his tusks in snow. T

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been Snowing in west Asheville for a couple of hours, actually started with snow flurries around 3:30.and has at times been moderate snow, the ground is covered and the streets are ice and snow covered and temp is 22.2 degrees.

Might want to put that in the jan obs thread

glad u are seeing some snow!

00z GFS gets close at the 120 hour range but no cigar. As soon as the cold starts coming down away goes our moisture.

This is a good setup! Don't worry about the first shot, that could end as snow on the northern boundary in northern TN and into VA, possibly the NC mountains, but watch the wave dig into the southern plains. Meanwhile, the cold is hovering from Tn to the NC/VA border, the closest call yet for combining moisture and cold, with a weak high to the north.

This is a good setup! Don't worry about the first shot, that could end as snow on the northern boundary in northern TN and into VA, possibly the NC mountains, but watch the wave dig into the southern plains. Meanwhile, the cold is hovering from Tn to the NC/VA border, the closest call yet for combining moisture and cold, with a weak high to the north.

Its so close at 156...

Yep Def. looking better at 159...this could get fun.

This could evolve into something very good. The specifics can be ironed out later but the run has been showing this close call since it stopped burying the wave out west. Atleast this is 156 hours off, not 300.

Yep, now if we can get the Euro on board. lol I'm sure 6z will have this as a lakes cutter.

This could evolve into something very good. The specifics can be ironed out later but the run has been showing this close call since it stopped burying the wave out west. Atleast this is 156 hours off, not 300.

you have made mention of this time frame several time over the last week and I agree, this has potential all over it..curious what Euro will say but again, it's nice to have a decent looking threat inside of 200hr

Yep, now if we can get the Euro on board. lol I'm sure 6z will have this as a lakes cutter.

Well the lakes cutter probably won't happen, theres too much northerly flow there for a while, but the run may change some. All these digging waves have been hard , but the GFS is actually keeping a pretty similar look each run (didn't see 18z). If I recall, its been rounding the bend with this for a while now, and the ECMWF is starting to not bury the cutoff out west. But I doubt we get agreement between them. Overall, if the GFS is right, this is an edge of your seat type of storm. Huge potential.

Archived