northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
10/29 Snowloween -- Thread 1

phlwx

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just saw the 18z nam soundings...by hr 48 philly begins the change over with a surface temp around 38 with the whole column below except from 960 mb to surface... between hr 48 to 51 philly gets .67 qpf, with hr 51 temp of 32..so atleast half that or a quarter would be snow...between hr 51-54 they get .69 frozen...then hr 54-57 another .24 frozen.

i agree, what can you expect though for october...your region should do well with my work with an elev around 500 ft

Yeah, I used to live in Chesterbrook down in the valley, which was only 200 ft. It makes a HUGE difference going up just a couple hundred feet. In many storms, the snow would melt and not stick to trees down in the valley but if you went up a little bit it's like a whole different world.

stormvista snow map for gfs has camden to bensalem to pottsville to carlisle to elkton in 8-12 inches...then 12-18 from west chester to western berks to mdt to along mason dixon line...everyone else besides 20-30 miles from shore 2-8 inches

Now are the odds quiet good for this to happen? Im pretty shocked considering the last time I checked this was going to be only a cold rain event with maybe flakes at the end.

Looked at the soundings and they look pretty decent for NW of Philly, temperatures hover 0-3˚C from 45-60 hrs.

i thought we wre going off philly...yea north and west are going to do well, esp with elev. they may waste a little on the front end, but as soon as the precip gets going good they should go over.

their could be a couple of wound up members that are throwing it off...the baginess in the isobars to the east suggest a good amount of the members are east...won't know till i see the idiv members

Not necessarily, that is actually a fairly classic pressure plot from a nor'easter.

Archived