Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
10/29 Snowloween -- Thread 1

phlwx

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately I will be down in Sea Isle City this weekend....putting a weather station on the roof of my place at the shore.

I would imagine NW Chesco will have a little better shot at snow. Just ran the Wxsim but it is very unimpressed using the 18z data. Lots of mixing with 1 to 2 slushy inches. I would expect my location with a bit of elevation here may do pretty well. Will have to find a neighbor and compare what Iceman56 has in Glenmoore to here...Unless I can convince the wife to delay our trip till Sat night....(the life of a snow weenie!)

Should be an interesting!

Cancelled our weekend trip to Cape May after looking at 18z models. Can't pass up the chance for snow in October

those coolwx soundings are bs....you gotta correlate it with the thermal profile... for instance look at philly. That freezing line is way to high in the atmosphere. Helps to compare it with a skew t or txt sounding to

Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not thinking anyone outside the Poconos or NW Jersey sees double digits. In fact, I have a hard time seeing ABE get 6" unless that def band comes in on the high end of potential. Below the fall line, I have a hard seeing much more than 2". Not too far off from your thinking really.

Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not thinking anyone outside the Poconos or NW Jersey sees double digits. In fact, I have a hard time seeing ABE get 6" unless that def band comes in on the high end of potential. Below the fall line, I have a hard seeing much more than 2". Not too far off from your thinking really.

my statement wasn't directed at you, it was just a generalization that those coolwx graphics, if its close to freezing, though its rain, interprets it as snow.

The key is how fast temps crash and turns precip to snow and sticks to surfaces.

yea, gotta see how fast the low bombs and where the ccb sets up, thats the whole reason we are talking snow right now is because of the dynamics...the snow probability maps on e wall will be telling but they dont come out till later....namma jamma time

yea, gotta see how fast the low bombs and where the ccb sets up, thats the whole reason we are talking snow right now is because of the dynamics...the snow probability maps on e wall will be telling but they dont come out till later....namma jamma time

This storm has high bust potential and makes me nervous. I hate depending on bombing and ccb setup locations. That's a crap shoot, and we usually lose more of those than we win. I would think October raises the stakes that much more.

here is the 15z sref for snow probabilities for 1,4,8,12 inches

f12s60.gif

Most would be thrilled with this in January... Will be interesting to watch in the next 36 hours. What I find remarkably interesting is the remarkable similarity that this painted stripe on the SREF holds to recent winter storms the past two years. That and the shifting of models towards the West and a jog to the East at the end. I know, I know, it's a different time, season and set up, but just sayin'...

That said, I've been struggling with believing that this could be when, in reality, the consensus of the models makes this seem a damn decent snow plaster job in the Philly burbs.

Archived