northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
The PHL/NYC Medium Range Thread - Part 2

am19psu

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks man...I know this winter is probably wearing you out with so many threats!

The 12z ECM was dramatically different from the GFS in its handling of the storm, having a coastal getting rolling around HSE and keeping most people's 850s below 0C.

im off til feb 1, once that hits the euro pbp will be limited only to night time and when storm threats are there.

The coastal could be a little stronger, but that's a great track for NYC metro...1010mb off the Delmarva, stays well off the coast. Definitely a snow track in my book.

So nobody could find any lows in Januray that took that track and brought all rain!

Sorry for my trolling, Congrats to CT on your Oswego snowfall rates!! Sorry to those who got a snack and missed 6" .

So nobody could find any lows in Januray that took that track and brought all rain!

well there is a 1025 mb high in a very good position actually on the GGEM, also thicknesses are rather cold considering the GGEM's warm bias when displaying thickness. I agree with Nzucker that this is a snow event on the GGEM.

It would clearly be snow for NYC as the low forms at 1010mb in the Southern Delmarva and tracks to 1005mb east of Boston. It wouldn't bring that much precipitation, in all probability, with a lack of intensification, but it's definitely cold enough. There's plenty of entrenched cold air as all the models are showing a 1025-1030mb high over Quebec, and Canada is brutally cold from the -EPO pattern. It might be a different story down in your area but there's good reason to be interested in this storm in NYC metro.

Well lets get the band wagon rolling for laughs. lets use this song each time someone says blizzard, boxing day storm, hammered, unreal or thumped

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=MSHr4ubuD64

lmaosmiley.gif.....anyways, the clipper is very weak sub 1012, no one really gets precip except i80 north, but its very lgt precip .01-.1...hr 78 its gets a little juicier.. .01-.1 from m/d line north

Archived