EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
0z Model Guidance 12/9

benfica356

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if that pv doesnt drop down, this thing is headed right towards the coast. The whole h5 setup was a lot flatter, then the pv came in and caught it. O well its nam past the 60hrs, time for the gfs

It's really not that bad. Looks like a secondary would form around NC or so if it was extrap. Usually the NAM is a few steps behind when it finally gets in range of a storm that has been on the gfs and other models for a while. Look for 12Z NAM to have the most differences if there is any in the models tonight.

if that pv doesnt drop down, this thing is headed right towards the coast. The whole h5 setup was a lot flatter, then the pv came in and caught it. O well its nam past the 60hrs, time for the gfs

There's still even some room for the secondary on that setup..we will never know though. GFS should certainly be interesting.

It's really not that bad. Looks like a secondary would form around NC or so if it was extrap. Usually the NAM is a few steps behind when it finally gets in range of a storm that has been on the gfs and other models for a while. Look for 12Z NAM to have the most differences if there is any in the models tonight.

yea its a very weak low. I was just saying the whole h5 setup, if you compare hr 78 tonight to hr 84 at 18z is a lot better. It would of been scary to see what the 18z nam would of showed. So now its all coming down to the pv, that low was very weak in the south, pv got involved and changed the ball game.

hey all as we've reminded numerous times if you arent discussing nyc/phl specifics and have something of value to post please start or contribute to a thread in the main forum. i see plenty of people on the list of posters not from nyc/phl.. many thx.

One thing's for sure, it's way further north than the 18z GFS with the entire feature which allows for earlier phasing with the Polar Vortex. The secondary may still develop, but it has no chance of being as far east as the 18z GFS. One has to start to wonder if the 18z GFS solution was out to lunch a bit with that shortwave over the OH Valley and then into our region de-amplifying the height field. I haven't seen that on any other model other than the DGEX and Ukie.

One thing's for sure, it's way further north than the 18z GFS with the entire feature which allows for earlier phasing with the Polar Vortex. The secondary may still develop, but it has no chance of being as far east as the 18z GFS. One has to start to wonder if the 18z GFS solution was out to lunch a bit with that shortwave over the OH Valley and then into our region de-amplifying the height field. I haven't seen that on any other model other than the DGEX and Ukie.

NAM also brought the PV too far to the south, even earlier than the 18z NAM did

Its pretty close to checkmate gentleman... UKMET decided to go into the EURO camp

it was only a matter of time...euro is deadly in this time range and is very rarely way off base. in most cases it's the gfs...i guess it's the same old deal even after the upgrade.

Archived