• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
When is the last time the

Ji

Euro hasn't proved itself this year. GFS is improved??? One thing's for sure, this storm will show who the leader is for the season....like I don't know.

Violently disagree. I think it may hint but one storm cannot speak for the rest of the season. If the pattern changes different models can behave better or worse. I'm sure there are patterns where the Euro smacks the GFS around but others where the GFS is closer to the Euro etc etc etc.

Euro hasn't proved itself this year. GFS is improved??? One thing's for sure, this storm will show who the leader is for the season....like I don't know.

It probably won't be that clear cut. Don't just pick a model and run with it for the season.

This isn't a simple event, -5SD is rare to say the least. I'm counting on the EC's better initialization to give it the edge in forecasting a rate 114hr event. I'm assuming the better initialization allows it to better compensate for the poor sampling of the shortwave while it's over the "data sparse Pacific". Had the GFS been initialized with the same conditions it might very well be showing nearly the same forecast.

Violently disagree. I think it may hint but one storm cannot speak for the rest of the season. If the pattern changes different models can behave better or worse. I'm sure there are patterns where the Euro smacks the GFS around but others where the GFS is closer to the Euro etc etc etc.

Meh, this is a pretty classic Nina pattern currently. I'll go with the hot hand after this storm until proven differently. If we encounter a particularly anomylous pattern, it will be noted, but I don't see our Nina pattern changing significantly for an extended time period.

Meh, this is a pretty classic Nina pattern currently. I'll go with the hot hand after this storm until proven differently. If we encounter a particularly anomylous pattern, it will be noted, but I don't see our Nina pattern changing significantly for an extended time period.

I agree for the most part, but what has not been classic so far is the lack of snow in coastal NE

CT, RI and most of MA have been screwed so far untypical of recent NINAs

Archived