• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
10/1-10/4 Cutoff low plus cold discussion and obs

Rib

What happened in the Tigers game last night is exactly what I fear happenining to the Phillies this weekend. Would be a disaster to lose Doc or Lee.

won't happen Sunday. slight chance of delay later today (doubt it but it can't be ruled out), which would be bad enough if the delay is hour plus.

won't happen Sunday. slight chance of delay later today (doubt it but it can't be ruled out), which would be bad enough if the delay is hour plus.

Just took a quick look at the 12z HRRR and it doesn't look like any "delay worthy" showers will be in the area. I was lucky enough to have Hall of Fame Club tickets come my way yesterday at work, so I am really looking forward to heading down to the Bank. I wish it would have stayed as nice as it was earlier this morning...

Really cool SWS right now:

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ

203 PM EDT MON OCT 3 2011

KENT-INLAND SUSSEX-DELAWARE BEACHES-CAROLINE-CUMBERLAND-ATLANTIC-

CAPE MAY-ATLANTIC COASTAL CAPE MAY-COASTAL ATLANTIC-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...DOVER...GEORGETOWN...REHOBOTH BEACH...

DENTON...MILLVILLE...HAMMONTON...CAPE MAY COURT HOUSE...

OCEAN CITY...ATLANTIC CITY

203 PM EDT MON OCT 3 2011

...A FEW COLD AIR FUNNELS POSSIBLE THROUGH THIS AFTERNOON...

AT 200 PM, NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A FEW

AREAS OF ORGANIZED SHOWERS MOVING NORTHWARD AROUND A LARGE AND SLOW

MOVING STORM SYSTEM. SOME LIGHTNING STRIKES MAY OCCUR FROM TIME TO

TIME WITH SOME OF THIS ACTIVITY. THE ATMOSPHERIC CONDITIONS

ACROSS THE LOCAL REGION ARE CONDUCIVE FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A COLD

AIR FUNNEL IN A FEW SPOTS. THESE ARE TYPICALLY VERY WEAK AND

REMAIN WELL ABOVE THE SURFACE. AT 145 PM, THERE WAS A REPORT OF A

VERY WEAK COLD AIR FUNNEL NEAR THE LAUREL, DELAWARE AREA. AGAIN,

THESE ARE RATHER WEAK AND ARE EXPECTED TO REMAIN WELL ABOVE THE

SURFACE.

$$

GORSE/MEOLA

First day returning to the office (was on vacation for two weeks in Florida) and I come back to chilly conditions and even some weak cold air funnels today. Gotta love the Fall season.

I think I saw one down near Woodbine about an hour ago, when that band of rain moved in. Not completely sure though, hadn't seen them before. Looked like a small funnel though.

I think I saw one down near Woodbine about an hour ago, when that band of rain moved in. Not completely sure though, hadn't seen them before. Looked like a small funnel though.

It probably was one. We had some reports of weak cold air funnels this afternoon from eastern Maryland, southern Delaware to Cape May County.

It cleared out here, but I'm sure there are plenty of clouds for tomorrow. In the Mt. Holly AFD, they mention a rex block. I thought a classic rex block was more of a backwards S. A more appropriate name for the pattern later this week would be the sundome of happiness. Discuss...

It cleared out here, but I'm sure there are plenty of clouds for tomorrow. In the Mt. Holly AFD, they mention a rex block. I thought a classic rex block was more of a backwards S. A more appropriate name for the pattern later this week would be the sundome of happiness. Discuss...

You want sleet, right? :whistle:

Archived