• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Gulf coast heavy rainfall (LA/MS/AL)

janetjanet998

Obviously the track is still in question, but depending on where Lee (or Maria) goes, heavy rain will likely spill Northeastward towards portions of the Eastern Ohio Valley & Appalachian Mountain areas. GFS and EURO both bring the remnants North/Northeast by the early to middle portions of next week. HPC's 5 day QPF forecast.

p120i12.gif

Lets keep that sucker down there and away from us, as much as we need the rain Id be happy to see this one sit over Texas or something. :thumbsup:

I agree--definitely bring some of that (as long as it's not catastrophic flooding) into drought-stricken Texas rather than NOLA again.

But we could use at least a good soaker from those rains here in Central Illinois and the rest of the Ohio Valley--drier than a bone here in Springfield now as we only received 0.25 in. of rain in August and I have a feeling that this coming cold front is going to "bust rainfall-wise" here in severe drought-stricken central and southern Illinois (I'm not holding my breath now for much, if any, rain from this upcoming front. But I wonder if it wasn't for the two cold fronts here in the Midwest while the Gulf Coast is affected by Lee, could a lot of the Lee remnants had made it this far north (maybe not too much in central Illinois but probably at least deep southern Illinois a la Katrina remnants, etc.).

Yeah talk about an interesting and bizarre scenario. It will be interesting to see exactly how this develops though, especially since there are at least two well defined circulations.

Yeah. It starts acting strange in the 24-36 hour window so we should get a good indication then.

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW ORLEANS LA

830 AM CDT SUN SEP 04 2011

..CUMULATIVE RAINFALL TOTALS AS OF 7AM CDT SATURDAY MORNING

..UPDATED ASOS SITES TO INCLUDE 24 ADDITIONAL HOURS OF RAIN

..WILL UPDATE CO-OP SITES SOON AS THEY COME IN

RAINFALL TOTALS ARE GIVEN IN INCHES. TOTALS BEGIN AT 7AM THURSDAY

MORNING AND END AT 7AM SATURDAY MORNING UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED.

INCOMPLETE DATA IS NOTATED WITH AN (I) BEHIND THE OBSERVATION.

OFFICIAL NWS OBSERVATIONS

AUTOMATED OBSERVATIONS/CO-OP SITES

N.O. AUDUBON 10.79 THROUGH 7AM

PASCAGOULA 10.42 THROUGH 7AM

N.O. ARMSTRONG 8.97 THROUGH 7AM

BILOXI 8.97 THROUGH 7AM

N.O. LAKEFRONT 8.90 THROUGH 7AM

N.O. CAROLLTON 8.82

GALLIANO 8.80

SLIDELL CITY 7.77

GULFPORT 7.46 THROUGH 7AM

BOOTHVILLE 7.40 THROUGH 7AM