• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Official Hurricane Irene Live OBS/Discussion Part III

NickD2011

We are going to be to close to the eye.Look at the radar down South,on its current track the heaviest rains are going to be west of us.

Rain is rotating around the circulation.

When every single model says 6" minimum of rain, you can't really go against that. This is not 1996 crappy computer era.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM and GFS are lagging a bit behind the faster Euro, Rgem, etc. I think beyond a doubt that the faster models will be right given storms' tendency to accelerate once up here. You can already see Irene accelerating through NC, and she will likely continue to through tonight. I think the "eyewall" is here in Nassau/NYC by 8am.

NAM and GFS are lagging a bit behind the faster Euro, Rgem, etc. I think beyond a doubt that the faster models will be right given storms' tendency to accelerate once up here. You can already see Irene accelerating through NC, and she will likely continue to through tonight. I think the "eyewall" is here in Nassau/NYC by 8am.

Bad timing..high tide

Yes, but with the large size of the storm and its slow movement we should all get at least 5 inches.  Those areas to the west will be getting 10-12 inches.

This could be a JUNE 2006/June 1972 Agnes rerun in Eastern PA.As far as we go,5 inches of rain is a lot of rainfall,it is going to be tough to get that here with the track as it is right now.

Just in time for high tide.....

Rain is rotating around the circulation.When every single model says 6" minimum of rain, you can't really go against that. This is not 1996 crappy computer era.

That may very well happen.I dont believe it will but it may prove me wrong.Either way you look at it though,the truly prolofic rains are going to miss u to the west.Historic flooding is likely in WNJ/EPA/Upstate NY.

That may very well happen.I dont believe it will but it may prove me wrong.Either way you look at it though,the truly prolofic rains are going to miss u to the west.Historic flooding is likely in WNJ/EPA/Upstate NY.

The models are overwhelming that the heaviest rains will include NYC area.

Tough to go against such a strong consensus.

When the eye reaches us,it will be calm with perhaps broken skies and then the backlash will hit us.THat is going to be a sight to see and experience.

I just hope we get the heaviest rains and highest winds during the morning, I dont want this to be yet another late night event :(

The models are overwhelming that the heaviest rains will include NYC area.Tough to go against such a strong consensus.

I am going by what I actually see down south on radar and past storms where the heaviest rains have been located a good amount west of the eyewall.I believe this storm does the same.

I think we need to sleep early and wake up early.  It's going to be tough to do with how wired we are though.

This is worth losing some sleep over,this is going to be a once in a lifetime track.I am not going to miss it.I will take a nap later on and be up for the main show.

Archived