joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Irene

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disheartening to see the shift westward not only in the storm itself, but also in guidance....more interaction with greater Antilles and less time for intensification.

West=boring

North=fun

Weenies crossed.

Since the southern and most intense track is done, as well as our own interests (for the most part), hopefully this thing runs the whole length of Cuba and dissipates so we can start over.

Gotcha. Agreed.

The best landfall out of this would be SC. FL is too soon after the islands, and by NC, cyclones usually start to lose their purity.

I'd gladly take a NC impact over some shredola foreplay, followed by a borderline cat 1\2 into FL.....wake me upon the arrival of the 1st frost, if that were to be the case.

Gotcha. Agreed.

The best landfall out of this would be SC. FL is too soon after the islands, and by NC, cyclones usually start to lose their purity.

Gimme an impure, well-aged MILF, over a prepubescent, antclimatic wannabe.

I don't want a storm with an intact hymne under it's wall cloud, I want a storm with 150 mph gusts.

Where you out to? II am on a mini Vaca right not, sitting looking out over a calm lake, heading out fishing soon, heavy heavy huge event outside at work Sat.

California, in about 3 hrs.

A co-worker of mine sent me a link to NARR, with Bob in mind. 500mb pattern looks very similar when Bob was near HSE, as compared to Euro at hr 168. Trough isn't hugging the east coast either, which is good for now....but like you said...still lots of time to trend here.

Napa, then Yosemite, followed by SFO. I come back the 30th.

Kevin should be a real treat when he sees the euro. Hopefully it keeps going east.

I hope so too, besides 1960, do we have a nice track record with winters following tropical seasons where we've been hit by tropical systems? I dont think so. In recent history, at least, it seems as though our best winters came in years where the tropical systems recurved early.

LOL, I joked with my wife that we'll probably have a once in 25 yr storm when we're gone. arrowheadsmiley.png This was back 3 months ago too.

If that happens, I'll be in Nape Valley with Merlot, IV'd into my veins.

Ha, direct line from the barrel, you will become the Jerry of Tropical Season, members will want to know your Vaca schedule to plan chases.

Archived