Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Atlantic Tropical Action 2011 - Part IV

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is actually kind of sad when you think about it. One has to wonder just how many others are out there that feel the same way. I don't think any of us that follow the tropics discourage reasonable discussions what so ever.

It's very high.

I remember last year getting mocked and ridiculed for posting observations when Bonnie came through. I mean yea, Bonnie sucked but it was still weather and I was posting it in the Bonnie thread. I just mostly lurk now because I don't feel like dealing w/ a lot of BS. I have also had conversations via PM w/ other members here that say the same thing.

It's very high.

I remember last year getting mocked and ridiculed for posting observations when Bonnie came through. I mean yea, Bonnie sucked but it was still weather and I was posting it in the Bonnie thread. I just mostly lurk now because I don't feel like dealing w/ a lot of BS. I have also had conversations via PM w/ other members here that say the same thing.

:(

Please don't feel unwelcome. Please post, and if anyone is mean to you, you just let me know and I'll take care of 'em. :hug:

:(

Please don't feel unwelcome. Please post, and if anyone is mean to you, you just let me know and I'll take care of 'em. :hug:

Oh I don't anymore. I've come out of my shell. Now if someone mocks me, I just tell them to piss off. LOL.

But the general perception of the tropical thread is that you are unwelcome at times.

There is a second trough that comes down on the GFS that pushes the TC Northeastward after impacting Florida, need to watch for trends on the euro and other models. This could easily turn into a near-miss or Florida straits-type hurricane.

Fronts usually slow down so it could go either way. That is if there is even a storm.

Can't tell exactly, but does the 'cane go cold core/extratropical low when traversing the east coast? Has an odd look to it, but I'm probably seeing things.

Im pretty sure that if this were to come true, it wouldn't be extratropical, it would probably be a major hurricane, what you're seeing is probably the stretching as the hurricane gets picked up by the weakness

I repeat what I said yesterday: "If I had a dollar for every fantasy GFS run showing a Hurricane David..." Still, the relative consistency is noteworthy. I believe every run lately has shown the turn to the NW and NNW. As always, though, the exact position of such a sharp turn makes a big difference. We are still in fantasy land, however. Let's see a storm form first. Speaking of which, it's really looking better tonight structure-wise.

Archived