• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
T.S. Gert...

92L gets an airplane and the closer invest doesn't.

NOUS42 KNHC 121400 COR

WEATHER RECONNAISSANCE FLIGHTS

CARCAH, NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER, MIAMI, FL.

1000 AM EDT FRI 12 AUGUST 2011

SUBJECT: TROPICAL CYCLONE PLAN OF THE DAY (TCPOD)

VALID 13/1100Z TO 14/1100Z AUGUST 2011

TCPOD NUMBER.....11-073

I. ATLANTIC REQUIREMENTS

1. NEGATIVE RECONNAISSANCE REQUIREMENTS.

2. OUTLOOK FOR SUCCEEDING DAY: LOW LEVEL INVEST

AT 14/1800Z NEAR 24.0N 59.0W.

3. REMARKS: FOLLOW-ON FLIGHT ON 15 AUG AT 18Z NEAR 28N 64W. THEN

12 HOURLY REQUIREMENTS AFTER THAT. POSSIBLE TASKING ON

SUBSEQUENT ATLANTIC SYSTEM ON 16 AUG. ---CORRECTED

II. PACIFIC REQUIREMENTS

2. SUCCEEDING DAY OUTLOOK.....NEGATIVE.

NLM

A SMALL LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM LOCATED ABOUT 425 MILES SOUTHEAST OFBERMUDA HAS BECOME BETTER DEFINED OVER THE PAST SEVERAL HOURS.ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS ARE GRADUALLY BECOMING MORE CONDUCIVE FORA TROPICAL DEPRESSION TO FORM DURING THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS. THISSYSTEM HAS A HIGH CHANCE...60 PERCENT...OF BECOMING A TROPICALCYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS AS IT MOVES WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT10 TO 15 MPH. INTERESTS IN BERMUDA SHOULD MONITOR THE PROGRESS OFTHIS SYSTEM.

Stewart has raised the ante to 60%

Yep, looks like this will be classified in the near-future as the low-level swirl is vigorous and convection respectably organized around the center. The broad disturbance as a whole has made the split the ECMWF/GFS were advertising, with the northern part developing and going out to sea. The southern split actually has some low-level vorticity, but if anything were to organize, it would take a very long time.

Cat 4 Irene hits Tampa in 2 weeks, like Charley but further North, just like the TWC "It Could Happen Tomorrow", and 7 or 8 lame-o's to start the season will be forgotten.

it might be more fun to cycle through the whole list on lame tropical storms

Airplane data tomorrow!

NOUS42 KNHC 131515WEATHER RECONNAISSANCE FLIGHTSCARCAH, NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER, MIAMI, FL.1115 AM EDT SAT 13 AUGUST 2011

SUBJECT: TROPICAL CYCLONE PLAN OF THE DAY (TCPOD)

VALID 14/1100Z TO 15/1100Z AUGUST 2011

TCPOD NUMBER.....11-074

I. ATLANTIC REQUIREMENTS

1. SUSPECT AREA #1 (94L...NEAR BERMUDA)

FLIGHT ONE -- TEAL 70

A. 14/1800Z

B. AFXXX 01FFA INVEST

C. 14/1500Z

D. 31.5N 62.5W

E. 14/1730Z TO 14/2230Z

F. SFC TO 10,000 FT

2. SUSPECT AREA #2 (92L...SOUTH OF BERMUDA)

FLIGHT ONE -- TEAL 71

A. 15/1200Z

B. AFXXX 01GGA INVEST

C. 15/0900Z

D. 30.0N 64.5W

E. 15/1130Z TO 15/1630Z

F. SFC TO 10,000 FT

3. OUTLOOK FOR SUCCEEDING DAY: POSSIBLE FIX MISSION FOR

16/0000Z NEAR 34.0N 64.0W IF SECOND SYSTEM DEVELOPS.

II. PACIFIC REQUIREMENTS

2. SUCCEEDING DAY OUTLOOK.....NEGATIVE.

SEF

If current forecasts verify, Gert will be named and will remain a minimal to moderate tropical storm. As the seventh consecutive named storm that never intensified into a hurricane, Gert will break the record for the longest streak of consecutive tropical storms in the Atlantic hurricane database. The old record is held by 2002 with six, and tied currently with this year.

If this gets named, we'll be on the "G" storm by the midpoint of August. I know they've all been tropical storms and mostly fish storms, but this is almost a record pace of formation, right? Only year I know of that we're behind would be 2005.

And 1995

According to wikipedia, the northwest Pacific had a stretch of 7 tropical storms in a row during the 2008 Pacific typhoon season, with no typhoons between September 29 and December 15. =)

That appers to be the longest such stretch of tropical storms in a row since 1980 for that basin.

And as far as I know, any basin.

According to wikipedia, the northwest Pacific had a stretch of 7 tropical storms in a row during the 2008 Pacific typhoon season, with no typhoons between September 29 and December 15. =)

That appers to be the longest such stretch of tropical storms in a row since 1980 for that basin.

Ah, thanks, I didn't think to check post-2000 WPAC seasons. It's weird, I almost want to keep the streak going – but I'm probably in the minority. ;)

Archived