• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
T.S. Gert...

Ah, thanks, I didn't think to check post-2000 WPAC seasons. It's weird, I almost want to keep the streak going – but I'm probably in the minority. ;)

I don't mind either...another week or two of this would be fun just because it causes some of the NHC bashers to freak out about the inflation of storm numbers.

BULLETIN

TROPICAL STORM GERT INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY NUMBER 3A

NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL072011

200 PM AST SUN AUG 14 2011

...DEPRESSION STRENGTHENS INTO THE SEVENTH TROPICAL STORM OF THE

SEASON SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF BERMUDA...

SUMMARY OF 200 PM AST...1800 UTC...INFORMATION

----------------------------------------------

LOCATION...28.6N 63.1W

ABOUT 275 MI...440 KM SSE OF BERMUDA

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...40 MPH...65 KM/H

PRESENT MOVEMENT...NNW OR 335 DEGREES AT 7 MPH...11 KM/H

MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1009 MB...29.80 INCHES

WATCHES AND WARNINGS

--------------------

CHANGES WITH THIS ADVISORY...

NONE.

SUMMARY OF WATCHES AND WARNINGS IN EFFECT...

A TROPICAL STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR...

* BERMUDA

A TROPICAL STORM WARNING MEANS THAT TROPICAL STORM CONDITIONS ARE

EXPECTED SOMEWHERE WITHIN THE WARNING AREA...IN THIS CASE WITHIN

24 TO 36 HOURS.

Another convective low north of Bermuda is causing that SSW flow. =) It's beginning to seem like 1984, where most systems originated from/within the westerlies.

small storm...decent chance Bermuda doesn't get TS winds from this since it will be on the west side of a small system.

BWS

This is Bermuda "smoking" from differential heating over the Island with SSW winds ahead of the system.

Another convective low north of Bermuda is causing that SSW flow. =) It's beginning to seem like 1984, where most systems originated from/within the westerlies.

yeah I noticed, that isn't from Gert lol. Besides Igor, Bermuda had a couple close passes from **** systems last year that caused us to issue TS warnings etc. only to get 10 kt winds and a few showers.

The in situ environment isn't terrible right now...less than 10 kt of shear...warm SSTs...some upper level diverge and a reasonable pocket of moist air according to the PWAT analysis. I wonder if it can do something decent in the next 24 hours.

Agreed... its pretty much swallowing up 92L right now and has actually developed a pretty decent CDO. It's small size and current favorable environment argue that this could get significantly stronger than the 50 knot forecast the NHC currently has. Cat 1 hurricane intensity is certainly within the realm of possibility. The latest microwave also suggests that an inner core is developing.30a75fr.jpg

Archived