• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Dec 11-13 MW/Lakes/OV Snow Event?

Chicago Storm

Can I presume that most people here think Henry margusity is going to bust?

Realistically, I'm hoping for an 8-10" storm. Would be nice to have more, but want to be realistic. I still fear that we'll get screwed like we did today. Montreal got 10-12" while Ottawa maybe got an inch! After the storm, I'll be anticipating our first air temperature below 0F. :shiver:

Actually, It's not just Henry Margusity. It is all of Accuwx now. Everyone on there are now calling for Ohio to get bombed with snow I know that much.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch to see where the polar vortex goes...that just might let this thing ride a bit east more than we thought.

That is one of my concerns....if it dives almost due south that would infuse a lot of cold air to increase the pressure gradient yet let it ride NE on its east flank....however if it builds southeast it may "bounce" the system SE before it turns NE....which if that occured it could have a "flatter" track.

I never trust Accuweather. It seems they try to get way too specific too far in advance, and are really conservative in their snow estimates. That's my experience, anyway.

They are only conservative outside of state college. Its always a big daddy,blizzard with feet of snow when it effects state college.:arrowhead:

Archived