• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Heat contest: Thurs-Sat (Deadline: Wed 3p)

TUweathermanDD

Easy rules, just like last weeks ran by MNTransplant

Highest temps in the period of heat (THURS --> SAT)/Lowest Temps in the period

DCA:

IAD:

BWI:

Tiebreaker (in case of a tie): The lowest the temperature will be at KDMH (Baltimore Inner Habor) during the forecasted period and secondary tiebreaker is what time.

DEADLINE: 12pm Wednesday

I'll be keeping up with the spreadsheet, so no worries. All entries are welcome.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tropical system develops off Florida in few days, moves north and thwarts extreme heat.

The Euro is 90+ through the whole period... actually rebuilds again at the very end after late week rebuild.

anyone gonna actually put up some numbers? lol

I think people, pardon the pun, are a little burnt out after last weekend's heat. That, and the contest starts on Wed, which at least has the chance of being the coolest day in this couple week stretch. The other issue is that 4 days times three sites is a lot of numbers. I was stretching it with 3x3, but since we were looking at historic heat, people were excited. I think the heat excitement is gone. Perhaps a simpler contest, like the peak temps at each location over this timeframe, would be appropriate. You'd need a good tiebreaker for that, but I'm sure you could come up with something good. Alternatively, just drop Wednesday and go from there. Your call, of course.

I think people, pardon the pun, are a little burnt out after last weekend's heat. That, and the contest starts on Wed, which at least has the chance of being the coolest day in this couple week stretch. The other issue is that 4 days times three sites is a lot of numbers. I was stretching it with 3x3, but since we were looking at historic heat, people were excited. I think the heat excitement is gone. Perhaps a simpler contest, like the peak temps at each location over this timeframe, would be appropriate. You'd need a good tiebreaker for that, but I'm sure you could come up with something good. Alternatively, just drop Wednesday and go from there. Your call, of course.

I tell ya what, I like that, lowest temp at Baltimores Warm inner harbor would be a good one. Maybe 2 numbers for each airport, top temps and lowest lows?

DCA:

IAD:

BWI:

Tiebreaker (in case of a tie): The lowest the temperature will be at KDMH (Baltimore Inner Habor) during the forecasted period and secondary tiebreaker is what time.

I'll be keeping up with the spreadsheet, so no worries. All entries are welcome.

MY NUMBERS

DCA: 100/72

IAD: 99/68

BWI: 99/71

Tiebreaker: DMH lowest: 75 (09z Thursday/5AM)

DCA:

IAD:

BWI:

MY NUMBERS

DCA: 101/75

IAD: 100/72

BWI: 101/76

Tiebreaker: DMH lowest: 78 (09z Thursday/5AM)

Yeah, that's a good one. I'll put in a placeholder and may edit before the deadline:

DCA: 100/77

IAD: 100/71

BWI: 101/76

DHM low: 76 (10z Thurs/ 6AM)

Archived