• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
July 15-20 Severe Weather

Also, it's pretty clear there is an MCV now.

Looks like the bow is surging towards Oshkosh and Fond Du Lac...

If that holds it's quite possible most of the action is from MKE on north.

Given the theta-e gradient and location of higher values, I would highly highly doubt that. I would expect a turn/building toward the south.

thea.gif?1311136701743

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the relative lack of significant WAA wing, and the decaying nature on the western end of the convective band is something to consider.

Given the theta-e gradient and location of higher values, I would highly highly doubt that. I would expect a turn/building toward the south.

With the faltering storms in the same area yesterday, everyone was saying they would move south or southeast throughout the duration, yet they started moving southwest. I feel like going by the radar trends more than the meteorological trends, and the radar trends show this thing starting to sweep more easterly. I appreciate the meteorological insight, though.

The eastern part of it is heading that way, more easterly but the strongest winds are still heading southeast looping base vel. I would expect a turn.

With the faltering storms in the same area yesterday, everyone was saying they would move south or southeast throughout the duration, yet they started moving southwest. I feel like going by the radar trends more than the meteorological trends, and the radar trends show this thing starting to sweep more easterly. I appreciate the meteorological insight, though.

Except that, given radar trends, it would appear to me more that the actual bow apex will be what's in Marquette and Green Lake Counties heading toward Columbia and Dodge Counties, and would suggest more of a Milwaukee/Racine/Kenosha/Waukegan down toward Gary/Michigan City threat if a straight motion were to persist, which I don't really think it will.

Seems like the western edge, or the initiation region along the higher instability gradient has been weakening in the past half hour. Could be a sign of things dying out, or the mcv could go on all night, i'd bet against the all night mcv based on the western radar returns but who knows if the cold pool has firmly established itself and the lift along the outflow boundary will sustain it all night.

Except that, given radar trends, it would appear to me more that the actual bow apex will be what's in Marquette and Green Lake Counties heading toward Columbia and Dodge Counties, and would suggest more of a Milwaukee/Racine/Kenosha/Waukegan down toward Gary/Michigan City threat if a straight motion were to persist, which I don't really think it will.

You're right. When you look at the current two warned counties, Marquette and Green Lake, extrapolating the motion takes you to Milwaukee, Waukesha and Racine Counties basically. The fact that the back end is weakening though, is suggesting to me that the northeast part of the bow is trying to surge it more eastward. It will be very close here.

I tend to agree with you here. Corfidi vectors are becoming more northerly with time (suggesting southward propagation). And as you said, the apex of the wind threat is heading through Green Lake into Dodge County.

West Bend to Juneau down to Waukesha seem like the best bet for strong winds in the next hour or so unless the western edge can regenerate and not have the gust front cut off the best instability and surface convergence, could have the outflow weaken and regeneration along the western edge if the outflow weakens, still I think this might be its last hurrah.

I think it's path will actually be slightly to the left of the cone from the storm's point of view; in other words, slightly further north and east. Ozaukee County will probably take close to a direct hit from the bow. Then again, all of these are only guesses. I could see it shifting direction a couple more times.

Be the final blow to the jewels if tony's thoughts don't come true. when we need the south turn watch we wont get it now. Guess I'll grab a Mt Dew, shut up and watch this unfold.

Just peeking on the weather underground radar and I kinna like what I'm seeing. I think you will get some.. I just want that little train of rain to the north.. f any high winds.

You know what: you might be right. That left flank near Portage seems to be slightly regenerating. The further this continues to extend to the west, the better chance we have, as it slowly drifts south and east.

It's been like that since it's been up near Black River Falls. Convection on that end is actually looking better last couple scans. Not sure this is done yet.

Me either, it's looking slightly better near Portage. Honestly, the fact that we look to get some rain is good and all I need. TWC's radar is looking impressive as I'm watching as I type.

It's been like that since it's been up near Black River Falls. Convection on that end is actually looking better last couple scans. Not sure this is done yet.

It does look like it's trying to regenerate that tail end convection, and the core of the strongest winds aloft are starting to push more southerly into western Dodge.

Don't mean to be negative, but it sure doesn't seem like this wants to take over and dominate like some of the other convective wind events we've seen as of late. The overall trend is a negative one. The outflow is well out ahead of most of the line now, with the exception of the area west of West Bend. This is the 2nd night in a row I've been disappointed by the lack of motivation of the Wisconsin convection.

suff around fox lake, beaver dam, Mayville looking pretty good for you me thinks.

Yeah, now it's the northeastern part of the line that's breaking up, at least per TWC radar. The stuff in Dodge heading into Washington will probably make a beeline for the MKE area, who knows how strong it will be by then though.

Don't mean to be negative, but it sure doesn't seem like this wants to take over and dominate like some of the other convective wind events we've seen as of late. The overall trend is a negative one. The outflow is well out ahead of most of the line now, with the exception of the area west of West Bend. This is the 2nd night in a row I've been disappointed by the lack of motivation of the Wisconsin convection.

No you're right its not very healthy right now, it's generation region has been weakening and velocities have decreased, it isn't a healthy mcv right now, but with the amount of instability along its western flank who knows, it could pulse for a while.

Archived