• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
18Z NAM coming north? GFS as well ---baby steps

Midlo Snow Maker

If DC is to have any shot, 00Z tonight will need to jump quite a bit. It happened last year a few times. A couple of the storms had me fringed to the north until about 24-36 hours out. I remember Randy and trixie flipping out about it. Like clockwork all the models jumped north. Even beyond that, the best snows always set up 50-75 miles north of where the best band was progged.

This.

Precip in Minnesota looks North of where the GFS shows it not much but some

And this.

And, looking at the WV loop, you can see the SE movement of the moisture, but you can also see the east movement in it also. It may very well lay down that precip exactly where it is forecast, but with much more east movement that's going to be tougher to do, and more east movement would seem to cause that precip to be a little more to the NE than forecast. I don't think we'll see this get back to the solutions of Wed. afternoon, but after last year, I don't count anything out.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When do the weenie tags get implemented? We have a couple of strong candidates in this thread.

Why do you care? What's wrong with us "weenies" watching a model, or current conditions and hoping for the best. The models have taken a turn for the better over the past couple of runs. Sometimes it turns out good. Jan of last year is a prime example.

You might as well give me a weenie tag too. I like the fact that the clipper is exploding in the ocean closer and closer to the coast with each run

It helps too that instead othe lowf forming near sc its forming farther north. Maybe the low in new england is slightly further north now and that this is a trend??? time wil tell. I,m not expecting any snow in cent md , like bowie, laurel, columbia.

for it to move north enough, its gonna have to move alot in 24 hrs . just dont think its going to IMO.

i agree but i'd still like a flurry... it's been way south a while... that 500 low to our northeast isnt lifting

Archived