• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Next Week Lake-Effect

isnice

I'm thinking that band could migrate southward into the Tri-Cities area ~12z tomorrow morning. Could be a very squally start to the week in BGM!

Perfect.

We picked up 3-4" here in West Central Broome Co. last night from enhancement off Cayuga Lake, and about another 1-2" over the course of Today. What had been a relatively snowless November and 1st week of December has been turned around nicely these past few days, and it doesn't look like we're done yet. :snowman:

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perfect.

We picked up 3-4" here in West Central Broome Co. last night from enhancement off Cayuga Lake, and about another 1-2" over the course of Today. What had been a relatively snowless November and 1st week of December has been turned around nicely these past few days, and it doesn't look like we're done yet. :snowman:

Once the primary Georgian Bay streamer collapses and/or sinks to your south, I think the setup looks very favorable for FLES tomorrow all the way through Wednesday. I wouldn't be surprised if at least Schuyler/Tompkins Counties are added to the LES advisory at some point.

Once the primary Georgian Bay streamer collapses and/or sinks to your south, I think the setup looks very favorable for FLES tomorrow all the way through Wednesday. I wouldn't be surprised if at least Schuyler/Tompkins Counties are added to the LES advisory at some point.

How'd your Mom make out? Looks like the Geo. Bay streamer isn't going to quite make it to my neck of the woods. (BUF mesos drastically changed once the band was in place, and shifted it a good 30 miles westward at 18z) But it's easy to take knowing it's the beginning of winter, I have over 8" of fluff on the ground and still snowing, interesting times over the next 180hrs. plus, and 2 more weeks of work until I have 12 days off in a row!! :):thumbsup:

How'd your Mom make out? Looks like the Geo. Bay streamer isn't going to quite make it to my neck of the woods. (BUF mesos drastically changed once the band was in place, and shifted it a good 30 miles westward at 18z) But it's easy to take knowing it's the beginning of winter, I have over 8" of fluff on the ground and still snowing, interesting times over the next 180hrs. plus, and 2 more weeks of work until I have 12 days off in a row!! :):thumbsup:

She made it home around 7:30, so it only took an hour longer than it normally does. Sounds like the worst conditions were around the first exit for I-490, then things drastically improved by the time she reached the second exit for I-490. If she had left MA even an hour later, the nasty conditions probably would have continued all the way into Erie County as the LES bands seemed to "fill in" behind her.

And now that the NWS radars are working again, that really was one heck of a snowband slicing across Cortland and Chenango Counties!!! It seems to have weakened a tad in the last hour or so.

Band just refuses to die and looks like it may be starting to shift south, although BGM seems to think it will be weakening with time here shortly...

THIS BAND SHOULD BE WEAKENING SOON WITH INCREASED SHEAR AND THE LAKE HURON SHIFTS WEST...BUT IF THIS CONTINUES SNOW AMOUNTS WILL HAVE TO BE UPPED AND THE WARNINGS AND ADVISORIES EXPANDED.

Nice band taking form over me...hopefully this one will become dominant:

post-312-0-52189800-1291596300.png

I would love to know how much snow has fallen today in Randolph and the adjacent municipalities in southeastern/east-central Chautauqua County. The band has been very steady in that localized area with persistent 30dBz echoes for the better part of the day...someone has to be closing in on a foot of snow by now.

post-619-0-80448600-1291603221.gif

BGM has done some expanding to the Advisories-Warnings as of a few minutes ago...

Added to the Advisory- Broome-Delaware-Tioga-Tompkins-Northern Oneida

Added to the Warning- Cortland-Southern Cayuga

I have ended up with 10" from Saturday morning to now in northeastern Delaware County. 6 miles down the road had about 3" on the ground.

NEW YORK

...CATTARAUGUS COUNTY...

RANDOLPH 12.0 100 AM 12/6 COCORAHS

...CAYUGA COUNTY...

MONTEZUMA 11.0 600 AM 12/6 SPOTTER

...CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY...

CASSADAGA 6.0 500 AM 12/6 WDOE

DUNKIRK 1.0 500 AM 12/6 WDOE

...ERIE COUNTY...

BUFFALO 1.8 600 AM 12/6 BUFFALO AIRPORT 24 HR

...MONROE COUNTY...

ROCHESTER DOWNTOWN 9.7 950 PM 12/5 WHEC

CHARLOTTE 8.0 735 PM 12/5 COOP

ROCHESTER AIRPORT 8.3 600 AM 12/6 24 HOUR FELL ON 12/5

WEBSTER 4.9 100 AM 12/6 COCORAHS

I've always thought that my superintendent was a few fries short of a Happy Meal, but it looks like he's missing the burger and toy, too.

It's almost impossible to tell how much fell. I'd guess 6", but I'll get a 2nd opinion later. It's pretty bad out there, but my street has been plowed surprisingly. Drifts are getting pretty bad.

I can't believe how incredibly persistent this snow is being =] There is 5 inches here now and its snowing at a rate of probally 1-2 inches per hour. REALLY PICKING UP NOW =] Visibility is very poor.

Amazing considering the high resolution WRF has been flagging this band for several days now! Wonder if IAG can pick up 30" again :P

Archived