Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Next Week Lake-Effect

isnice

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 measurements this morning revealed 2 at 22" and 2 at 24" - I settle at 23":) in west central Onondaga! With compacting, storm totals have to exceed 30". Took the snowmobiles out in the back fields with the kids (snow day for them so snow day for me) - snorkel city! Then went to climb the narrow, twisty, steep woods trail up to the sugarbush - and made it with out getting stuck. Hammer on the throtle and keep the sled moving.

* Accumulations: additional snowfall of 5 to 9 inches tonight with

another 5 to 9 inches on Wednesday in persistent lake snows. The

heaviest snowfall in Oneida County will be mainly in the

southern and western part of the County. Expected snowfall in

the Utica and Rome areas will be 1 to 4 inches.

smile.gif

From Environment Canada:

The traditional snow belts of Southern Ontario are in the midst of a major multi-day snow squall event. Brisk northwest winds from Lake Huron and Georgian Bay have produced impressive snowfall accumulations over the past couple of days. Heavy snow squalls will continue today and Wednesday likely giving remarkable snow totals well over one metre in and around the London area as well as some locales to the southeast of Georgian Bay. Snowfall reports as of 10 AM today and fallen since Saturday night, except for lucan which has received a staggering 114 cm reported at 6 AM.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Location snowfall amounts (cm snow)

London 60-75

London aiport 65 (approximately)

Southeast of London 85-95

Lucan (northwest of London) 124 = 49 inches!!!

Dorchester (east of London) 42

Goderich 34

Mount Forest 13 (compacted snow depth)

Lakelet (near Clifford) 18

Paisley (ne of Kincardine) 10 (possibly more)

Niagara 14

Toronto downtown 2-4

Toronto north 10-15

Newmarket 30-40

Maple 15-25

King City 20-30

Schomberg 33 as of 8 AM Monday

Beeton (south of Alliston) 81

Fletcher park (in Alliston) 67

Thornbury 40

Barrie 10-15 (higher just west of Barrie)

2" of total fluff today.

I'm heading up to help Norm get the trails in shape on Thursday. Starting at the Trackside clubhouse at 8:00 and heading out to clear blowdown.

Cool Norm is a nice guy, My wife and I met him last year. Hope something changes around here with the snow.

The three radars that cover Erie, PA are buffalo, Cleveland and Pittsburgh. All three locations are far enough away that the radar beam is nearly overshooting the entire field of precip. The snow from these bands is orginating in clouds that top out at about 10,000 ft. This is a classic situation for LES, you can sometimes find private local radars from local news stations, otherwise your SOL.

I know I'm late the the party, but here's an Erie radar

http://yourerie.com/weather-radarloop/

Andyace, at least you guys will have a chance of having the ground and bodies of water freeze. It's still mush under our snow and it will probably be that way all winter.

I thought about that yesterday. It is just a real slow start around here, but I think it didn't snow here till 12/8 here last year. I live on Kayuta Lake and it did freeze over last night except where it runs in the channel.

Archived