• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Radar Images from Tornado

CT Rain

There are still places you can see blowdown around here from that. i didnt think that could happen. What was it 15 years ago?

23 years!

If you hike through (what used to be) the Cathedral Pines in Cornwall it's incredible to see the number of monster trees still littering the side of Mohawk Mtn and that valley. Forest is coming back though in a big way nearly a quarter century later.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Pete Banacos from BTV, myself, radarman, and JoeD are just wrapping up a paper on this event

Our June 1st paper was formally accepted for publication today by the E-Journal of Severe Storms Meteorology (EJSSM). Pete Banacos deserves special mention for all his hard work. Really honored to have been able to work with these pros.

Our June 1st paper was formally accepted for publication today by the E-Journal of Severe Storms Meteorology (EJSSM). Pete Banacos deserves special mention for all his hard work. Really honored to have been able to work with these pros.

Sweet look forward to it, great job guys.

Thanks for posting this. Congrats!

I'm presenting about the tornado tomorrow, including some of your work that will be published!! JoeD gave me the EML and model info for me to use. I can now say it WILL be published. Do you know when???

--Turtle

Thanks for posting this. Congrats!

I'm presenting about the tornado tomorrow, including some of your work that will be published!! JoeD gave me the EML and model info for me to use. I can now say it WILL be published. Do you know when???

--Turtle

Thank you!

They mentioned at least 2-3 weeks for format conversions and any final technical edits. So perhaps late August or September?

Increased lightning output often means a storm is (potentially rapidly) intensifying. And example of this would be the Tuscaloosa/Birmingham, AL supercell last year on 4/27. The lightning output dramatically increased as the storm approached the Tuscaloosa area, all the way until the tornado weakened (and continued for the storm's entire lifespan). The storms of 4/27 had some of the most intense lightning outputs that I have ever seen. Of course, intense squall lines/MCS complexes can also have tremendous lightning output, but often when more lightning is being produced by a storm, the storm is strengthening.

Archived