Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
John Bolaris in the news again

phlwx

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not talking just about Bolaris....I'm talking about Fox 29 as a whole. He knows how to run a news station(he just recently was the VP of programming at Fox Atlanta).

Agreed...the house is about to get cleaned out. There won't be many who are there now who will be there in three to four years.

This guy takes the cake

Another year, another Bolaris story...

http://www.philly.co...fect_storm.html

HE GUY tossed restlessly in his bed, night after night, for the better part of a year.

He couldn't sleep. He had nightmares whenever he did - bizarre, Kafkaesque snippets of dialogue involving the Russian mob, a pair of mysterious, dark-haired women, a goofy-looking painting and an incomprehensible credit-card bill.

The shadowy characters and confusing plots from the bad dreams haunted John Bolaris in real life, too.

Yeah, that John Bolaris.

(more at the link)

Ok, I'm a little late to the party on this one. The guy blew a forecast in March 2001 and then got snookered by a couple of young women who slipped him a mickey in 2011. What else is on his resume that makes for all the hatred in this thread? Just curious.

1A - He blew the forecast in 2001 by hyping it to kingdom come

1B - He comes across as a lightweight from a Met standpoint

1C - He prefers to chase skirts than be a serious weatherman (i.e. - is a playboy)

1D - Airs dirty laundry (russian chicks) to gain press

Most of us would be thoroughly embarrassed to have been taken by a couple woman and would have buried it six feet deep, but John turned it into a soap opera as a "look at me" gesture. Pathetic really.

1A - He blew the forecast in 2001 by hyping it to kingdom come

1B - He comes across as a lightweight from a Met standpoint

1C - He prefers to chase skirts than be a serious weatherman (i.e. - is a playboy)

1D - Airs dirty laundry (russian chicks) to gain press

Most of us would be thoroughly embarrassed to have been taken by a couple woman and would have buried it six feet deep, but John turned it into a soap opera as a "look at me" gesture. Pathetic really.

This sorta fits into 1c but Bolaris certainly gets into his share of trouble down the shore...

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/breaking/article_ae83282a-9fce-11de-a996-001cc4c002e0.html

He gone:

The forecast looks like unemployment for John Bolaris.

The Fox 29 meteorologist had been suspended since Dec. 22 but this afternoon a Fox spokeswoman confirmed that, “We mutually agreed that it was time to part ways.” She declined further comment on the parting, which sources close to Bolaris suggest was far from mutually agreeable.

He gone:

The forecast looks like unemployment for John Bolaris.

The Fox 29 meteorologist had been suspended since Dec. 22 but this afternoon a Fox spokeswoman confirmed that, “We mutually agreed that it was time to part ways.” She declined further comment on the parting, which sources close to Bolaris suggest was far from mutually agreeable.

Start a poll as to who they should bring in/steal to replace Bolaris (their current team is horrendous)?

At least it would give us all something to track/hope for during this awful period of weather boredom!!

One of the commenters in this post says that Bolaris is now gone for good. A quick google search seems to corroborate that...

I know. I read that.

I went one step further when I noticed on Mike Masco's FB page that he updated his current town from West Springfield MA(he was working at WGGB) to Philadelphia.

An article on mediabistro came out this afternoon(but there seems to be denial that he's freelancing at Fox29): http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/meteorologist-mike-masco-i-left-wggb-to-be-closer-to-family_b35558

I know. I read that.

I went one step further when I noticed on Mike Masco's FB page that he updated his current town from West Springfield MA(he was working at WGGB) to Philadelphia.

An article on mediabistro came out this afternoon(but there seems to be denial that he's freelancing at Fox29): http://www.mediabist...o-family_b35558

major oops in the video in the link.

Archived