• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
John Bolaris in the news again

phlwx

This sorta fits into 1c but Bolaris certainly gets into his share of trouble down the shore...

http://www.pressofat...1cc4c002e0.html

So that's at least twice he's been a crime victim and the consensus is he was asking for it? Quite a double standard when saying stuff like that about the sexes.

Maybe the guy who tackled him in AC was just plain loco.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Start a poll as to who they should bring in/steal to replace Bolaris (their current team is horrendous)?

At least it would give us all something to track/hope for during this awful period of weather boredom!!

I can think of a couple of NY OCMs that you should recruit. Seriously, I'll even throw in a nice gift basket or a toaster (your choice).

So that's at least twice he's been a crime victim and the consensus is he was asking for it? Quite a double standard when saying stuff like that about the sexes.

Maybe the guy who tackled him in AC was just plain loco.

John's been a few other tussles over the years (a couple of them at the Shore, he had one in Center City about eight years ago). Whether or not he's the reason isn't trivial, drama does follow him though no matter where he goes.

Start a poll as to who they should bring in/steal to replace Bolaris (their current team is horrendous)?

At least it would give us all something to track/hope for during this awful period of weather boredom!!

well lets start with WFMZ- Allentown probably the most talented on the air meteorologists in the country see link

http://www.wfmz.com/news/Biographies-Appearances/-/410878/-/pyfyriz/-/index.html

Wasn't 07-08 when Rob G got canned? There must be a connection between that and sucky winters!

I must assume that Fox in PHL currently has the best "tv" weather gig that is open currently in the nation.

The chips will fall into place soon, but I can't believe that Rob G comes back to Philly.

What is going on currently with the tv weather for fox?. It was a a kick in the nuts with how Rob got kicked out of Philly.

I have to assume Bolaris is flagged at almost all tv media companies and his career is over!

Comical to some degree as if he just paid the American express bill and took some personal time off he would still be on the air

I must assume that Fox in PHL currently has the best "tv" weather gig that is open currently in the nation.

The chips will fall into place soon, but I can't believe that Rob G comes back to Philly.

What is going on currently with the tv weather for fox?. It was a a kick in the nuts with how Rob got kicked out of Philly.

I have to assume Bolaris is flagged at almost all tv media companies and his career is over!

Comical to some degree as if he just paid the American express bill and took some personal time off he would still be on the air

29 has had three news directors and GM's at the station in the last five years if I remember correctly (the one that did not renew Guarino's contract is in LA now I believe). The news division was a bit of a mess the last few years but there's been some slow evolution of order taking place there...

Schwaid (one of the bosses at 29) and Bolaris have not seen eye to eye since they worked together in '01 at NBC 10. There's been drama between the two of them for a few months stemming back to Bolaris wanting to interview Lenny Dykstra and getting rebuffed by station management.

As for Bolaris, he might have a shot landing in another market but he's done in Philly. Wouldn't surprise if he doesn't get a gig anywhere but he might have to step down to a Hartford/Baltimore size market...not sure that's on his wish list.

I am not getting all the hate for Bolaris considering most tv mets royally suck and do not explain things. I tuned in specifically to watch him as I get that Fox Philly station despite being in the NY market where I live in Jersey.

so he screwed up that storm, well so did alot of people and I could care less that he got roofied, why does it matter. The president of the US banged a girl in the Oval Office and apparently that was okay in the end

I am not getting all the hate for Bolaris considering most tv mets royally suck and do not explain things. I tuned in specifically to watch him as I get that Fox Philly station despite being in the NY market where I live in Jersey.

so he screwed up that storm, well so did alot of people and I could care less that he got roofied, why does it matter. The president of the US banged a girl in the Oval Office and apparently that was okay in the end

My point I suppose... though I preferred Rob Guarino, with Bolaris' departure they are now left with absolutely nothing compelling to tune in for...their entire format, personalities etc are truly sub par!

For their sake..I hope they are scrambling to recover!

For the record I believe it was actually down the throat

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some network somewhere will probably give him another shot. Wouldn't even be surprised if it was Philly in a few years, because he'd be sure to get ratings - at least at the start.

why would he get ratings? he is washed up at this point in his career.

He adds no real value to any company imop.

I assume he would request a salary of over $500K. You can get some fresh faces in the PHL market for much less.

Archived