Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
John Bolaris in the news again

phlwx

Another year, another Bolaris story...

http://www.philly.co...fect_storm.html

HE GUY tossed restlessly in his bed, night after night, for the better part of a year.

He couldn't sleep. He had nightmares whenever he did - bizarre, Kafkaesque snippets of dialogue involving the Russian mob, a pair of mysterious, dark-haired women, a goofy-looking painting and an incomprehensible credit-card bill.

The shadowy characters and confusing plots from the bad dreams haunted John Bolaris in real life, too.

Yeah, that John Bolaris.

(more at the link)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't expecting to be reading that on philly.com this morning.

Another year, another Bolaris story...

http://www.philly.co...fect_storm.html

HE GUY tossed restlessly in his bed, night after night, for the better part of a year.

He couldn't sleep. He had nightmares whenever he did - bizarre, Kafkaesque snippets of dialogue involving the Russian mob, a pair of mysterious, dark-haired women, a goofy-looking painting and an incomprehensible credit-card bill.

The shadowy characters and confusing plots from the bad dreams haunted John Bolaris in real life, too.

Yeah, that John Bolaris.

(more at the link)

before coming onto eastern/american wx, i never really heard of this guy. since i have started to read about him on here, i have seen some weird mets in my time (some moments by myself included), but this guy takes the cake and knows how to top himself time and again.

Bolaris wasn't the only one who was scammed-there were numerous mets who went to a broadcasters conference in Miami and had their credit card info stolen at the hotel.

Jesus..."hot" Eastern European women hitting on a bunch of TV mets = bad news...

• 7 months later...

http://www.philly.co...cmpid=125219969

Not to self...when someone says "do shot" don't...and then don't talk about it in Playboy. Bolaris got suspended.

One can only hope he gets fired and the highly respected met comes back to the station.

Suspended long term...typically does not end well. What a tool. He may loose his cushy job and be out a paycheck

they need a major revamping

I agree, I would even support a complete housecleaning of ALL on-air staff. Their 10PM newscast is unwatchable. It's partly not the fault of the anchors because there's no way you need an hour of local news each night, but they have like the C or D team out there right now...I can't really comment on the morning show, but from the flashes I seen recently, it seems equally brutal...

I agree, I would even support a complete housecleaning of ALL on-air staff. Their 10PM newscast is unwatchable. It's partly not the fault of the anchors because there's no way you need an hour of local news each night, but they have like the C or D team out there right now...I can't really comment on the morning show, but from the flashes I seen recently, it seems equally brutal...

Isn't Steve Schwaid the news director over there? He used to be the ND and then VP of programming at NBC10 in the late 90s and early 2000s.

Isn't Steve Schwaid the news director over there? He used to be the ND and then VP of programming at NBC10 in the late 90s and early 2000s.

Yes, but he wasn't the one who brought Bolaris to Fox 29. Schwaid and Bolaris had their share of battles at 10...

Archived