joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
0z euro

tombo82685

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounds like the surface low should be closer to the coast...never heard of an H5 low in central PA and a surface low 300 miles east of the benchmark if it's phased well.

Might not be totally phased well...I only have the upper level heights. It's just light years away from any other solution right now...none of them have anything close to this. This is owing to the weaker confluence and ULL and much stronger shortwave over the northern plains initially.

I might have to make a trip to Vermont for this one.

Looks like at least the 1st storm is back on the table for the mid-atlantic and northeast, still going to need a couple of more days to work out the details, good trends on the Euro tonight.

I don't think we got much in the MA... what would you say Earthlight on this run? I think the phasing and neg tilt was a bit too late for us

I don't think we got much in the MA... what would you say Earthlight on this run? I think the phasing and neg tilt was a bit too late for us

Correct...there's a strip of 0.25-0.50" amounts across North Carolina to North Central Virgina. DC probably gets less than 0.10". The phase is literally a frame or two late. The storm then hooks and retrogrades into the Gulf of Maine.

We don't from what I can tell, but compared to the 12z Euro this is a huge improvement, so right now I would consider the 1st storm to be back on the table for right now until the details can be worked out in a couple of days or so.

The shortwave we are interested in--the one which the Euro is much more robust with this run-- is still in a relatively poor RAOB and sampling region this evening. I think over the next few days things will come into focus..and could still change dramatically.

you could tell this run was going to be different by the strength of the clipper coming out of the plains into the gl and ten valley regions.

The shortwave we are interested in--the one which the Euro is much more robust with this run-- is still in a relatively poor RAOB and sampling region this evening. I think over the next few days things will come into focus..and could still change dramatically.

Seems like only the Euro and the SREFs are really amping up that first shortwave...not sure if I believe it, honestly.

Correct...there's a strip of 0.25-0.50" amounts across North Carolina to North Central Virgina. DC probably gets less than 0.10". The phase is literally a frame or two late. The storm then hooks and retrogrades into the Gulf of Maine.

If the phase was a frame or two faster... would the pattern support a storm going up the coast like a nor'easter? Fun for everyone?

Archived