Newest Member
    joxey
April 26-28 severe risk

Ian

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think thats what will be headed our way in 2-4 hours

I agree. Given what's in place right now, I think the areas east of the mountains are just waiting to explode. What we had in VA tonight was an appetizer. It could be quite rough pre-dawn into the early stages of rush hour tomorrow morning.

Tornado signature now just south of Beckley. A lot of this tornadic stuff seems to be in the line just west of the mountains...if it makes it over it could be trouble.

It would certainly be continuing on into a juicy soupy airmass.

Are any of you folks staying up? Or setting the weather radios up to wake you up if there's anything interesting?

Just wow

That's insane.

At some point in next few hours the forcing should become more linear and lessen tornado risk some (exception being spinups in some lines of course), but the tornado threat is still there here in the near term.

That's insane.

At some point in next few hours the forcing should become more linear and lessen tornado risk some (exception being spinups in some lines of course), but the tornado threat is still there here in the near term.

Given what you said, woudl you think there could be a sizeable damaging wind threat to come for this area later on?

Given what you said, woudl you think there could be a sizeable damaging wind threat to come for this area later on?

Very well could be. The juice is certainly there along with strengthening low level jet that could be brought down by downdrafts.

Very well could be. The juice is certainly there along with strengthening low level jet that could be brought down by downdrafts.

Thanks for the answer. Definitely bears watching I guess - unless the DC corn fumes knock it all down to showers.

Are we talking max of 60mph or more damaging than that?

Thanks for the answer. Definitely bears watching I guess - unless the DC corn fumes knock it all down to showers.

Are we talking max of 60mph or more damaging than that?

I would not rule out some 60-70 mph gusts should a good solid line get going later tonight or into tomorrow.

Archived