• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Moving forward into April..

earthlight

I do realize that a negative NAO swing is not the same in April or May as it would be in January or February, however, just looking at the long range GFS, the barrage of lows continues. If anything, that western Atlantic ridge shifts further offshore allowing the storm track to shift a tad further south.

It definitely wants to rain this spring. Oh well, at least by this point it will be warm. Maybe we'll have increased severe chances with this set up.

I'm trying to be glass-half-full now.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NAO forecast and the GFS have both busted horribly over the past 3-4 weeks. The NAO was supposed to go way negative 2 weeks ago and it has stayed positive. Not that it means much with our precip/temps as we head into may but the cold shots/-nao will keep getting delayed and delayed if they ever happen. And the storm track has shifted west (severe wx season)..

I wish :(

I think Unc has these stats somewhere, but back in 1964 I believe LGA recorded sleet on Memorial Day or somewhere around there. I think it was our latest period of wintry precip. Someone might want to check that to make sure. I wonder what the temps were during that storm and what kind of storm it would take to produce sleet or snow down here on Memorial Day lol.

Any snow chances coming up? Maybe we can eek out one last storm with this -NAO coming up.

You enjoy the warmth obviously. Do you like putting on AC in the last week in April so you can sleep at night? If you didn't do that last night good for you but if you did that really is pathetic to have to do that at this time of year and is not worth all the perks you get by having the warmth around considering costs to cool a room. When you have to get up for work and have allergies, losing sleep or sleeping uncomfortably because of unseasonable warmth and being cost conscious is just not worth any benefit you get from warmth like last night at this time of year. Anyone who disagrees with that and actually enjoys suffering from allergies and sleeping uncomfortably at night at this time of year has got some serious issues.

Last night was an example of why this kind of warmth at this time of year is absurd and impossible to enjoy. I did not put on the AC or Rotating fan because I refuse to do so at this time of year so I opened the windows in the bedroom hoping that would help all I got was dense humid air with no breeze and I am on the 27th floor of a 30 story building that has a south and west exposure. What kind of sick twisted mindset does a person have to have to enjoy that?

You enjoy the warmth obviously. Do you like putting on AC in the last week in April so you can sleep at night? If you didn't do that last night good for you but if you did that really is pathetic to have to do that at this time of year and is not worth all the perks you get by having the warmth around considering costs to cool a room. When you have to get up for work and have allergies, losing sleep or sleeping uncomfortably because of unseasonable warmth and being cost conscious is just not worth any benefit you get from warmth like alst night at this time of year. Anyone who disagrees with that and actually enjoys suffering from allergies and sleeping uncomfortably at night at this time of year has got some serious issues.

Last night was an example of why this kind of warmth at this time of year is absurd and impossible to enjoy. I did not put on the AC or Rotating fan because I refuse to do so at this time of year so I opened the windows in the bedroom hoping that would help all I got was dense humid air with no breeze and I am on the 27th floor of a 30 story building that has a south and west exposure. What kind of sick twisted mindset does a person have to have to enjoy that?

i've slept perfectly fine through 80 degree nights with no air conditioning

maybe physically fit people deal with it better?

i've slept perfectly fine through 80 degree nights with no air conditioning

maybe physically fit people deal with it better?

Excuse you. I am in perfectly fine shape and take Zyrtec for my allergies so luckily the allergies weren't a problem for me last night. Yet, I still found it uncomfortable to sleep last night. Sorry it is not normal for someone who grew up in NY/NJ to sleep comfortably at night in 80 degree heat with insane humidity and no breeze coming in from the windows with the AC/fans off. You are an exception so good for you.

You enjoy the warmth obviously. Do you like putting on AC in the last week in April so you can sleep at night? If you didn't do that last night good for you but if you did that really is pathetic to have to do that at this time of year and is not worth all the perks you get by having the warmth around considering costs to cool a room. When you have to get up for work and have allergies, losing sleep or sleeping uncomfortably because of unseasonable warmth and being cost conscious is just not worth any benefit you get from warmth like last night at this time of year. Anyone who disagrees with that and actually enjoys suffering from allergies and sleeping uncomfortably at night at this time of year has got some serious issues.

I don't have AC. Y'all up here are wimps when it comes to heat.

I don't have AC. Y'all up here are wimps when it comes to heat.

If I was a wimp I would have turned on a fan or the AC but I didn't. I just cannot see how anyone could actually want the conditions we had last night to try and sleep in at night. Are you from Florida or something? If you are then you are also an exception up here as you are adapted to those conditions.

It was in the upper 50s in the city, perfectly fine night!

Lol. It most certainly was not that by me and I am just across the Hudson. It was low-mid 60's for the majority of the overnight hours with basically 100% humidity and 0 breeze on the 27th floor of a 30 story building. How exactly is that comfortable?

Listen I like very warm weather just as much as anyone but I like it when it is in June, July and August and even in late May and early September not now.

Lol. It most certainly was not that by me and I am just across the Hudson. It was low-mid 60's for the majority of the overnight hours with basically 100% humidity and 0 breeze on the 27th floor of a 30 story building. How exactly is that comfortable?

EWR was 57 most of the night. 56 at TEB. 55 at NYC. You must be using Pazzo's thermometer :whistle:

EWR was 57 most of the night. 56 at TEB. 55 at NYC. You must be using Pazzo's thermometer :whistle:

If the hourly observations held at that temperature for most of the overnight then it most certainly did not feel that way. When I woke up breifly to check, my thermometer showed low 60's at 2am. Humidity was really awful last night and when there's no breeze it is very uncomfortable to sleep.

If the hourly observations held at that temperature for most of the overnight then it most certainly did not feel that way. When I woke up breifly to check, my thermometer showed low 60's at 2am. Humidity was really awful last night and when there's no breeze it is very uncomfortable to sleep.

I'll admit it go a little too warm in my coop as well. There was literally no wind to circulate the air. However if I had it my way my massive AC would be on full blast. Sadly, AC season doesn't start until May 1st for me, like most other places.

I'll admit it go a little too warm in my coop as well. There was literally no wind to circulate the air. However if I had it my way my massive AC would be on full blast. Sadly, AC season doesn't start until May 1st for me, like most other places.

Well good I am glad I am not alone in that. Like I said I don't mind the warmth but I'm just not quite ready for it yet. I refuse to turn on the AC until I absolutely have no choice.

Well good I am glad I am not alone in that. Like I said I don't mind the warmth but I'm just not quite ready for it yet. I refuse to turn on the AC until I absolutely have no choice.

Well I like my house like a refrigerator so if it gets too warm I don't hesitate to turn the AC on. Plus I read a study that said people in cooler apartments tend to be thinner since their bodies have to burn more energy to maintain their core body temperature. I guess my preferences also work in my favor :)

Excuse you. I am in perfectly fine shape and take Zyrtec for my allergies so luckily the allergies weren't a problem for me last night. Yet, I still found it uncomfortable to sleep last night. Sorry it is not normal for someone who grew up in NY/NJ to sleep comfortably at night in 80 degree heat with insane humidity and no breeze coming in from the windows with the AC/fans off. You are an exception so good for you.

I've slept through upper 80's & low 90's, that was disgusting. But 80 degrees is really nothing.

It was only like 60 something degrees, that was comfortable to me. If we had a 60 degree low in the summer I'd probably be very cold.

I think certain people can handle certain extremes better, I can't take the cold very well.

I've slept through upper 80's & low 90's, that was disgusting. But 80 degrees is really nothing.

It was only like 60 something degrees, that was comfortable to me. If we had a 60 degree low in the summer I'd probably be very cold.

I think certain people can handle certain extremes better, I can't take the cold very well.

The body acclimates. 80 in spring feels warmer than the 80 in summer.

Archived