northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
NYC Banter and BS Thread Part II

earthlight

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to get the feeling that this is going to be a huge bust, and cause nothing more than a rainy windy day up towards NYC....I just really don't know though how the surge is going to work if this is a 50 MPH TS by the time it gets up to NYC....if it hits central LI, I could really see minimal impacts with that.

I'm starting to get the feeling that this is going to be a huge bust, and cause nothing more than a rainy windy day up towards NYC....I just really don't know though how the surge is going to work if this is a 50 MPH TS by the time it gets up to NYC....if it hits central LI, I could really see minimal impacts with that.

Embarassing.

I received call at 6 AM from a trucking company that informed they were suspending operations.

They will not drive down to Baltimore or DC becasue of 75-100 MPH winds and rain today

My peak wind gust

Newark - 43

JFK - 48

Central Park - 39

Laguardia - 44

Atlanic City - 56

PHL - 51

Mt Pocono - 61

After seeing all the models, I think we are going to get a strong Tropical Storm/ low end cat 1 with winds of 60-70 mph with gusts as high as 80 or even above. The storm surge and the rain will be the main issue with this storm. Rainfall amounts should be anywhere from 6-12 inches and the storm surge should be 5-9 feet or even higher. Even though the hurricane is weakening, it is due to strengthen a little bit due to the interaction between the Jet and the storm.

Joe B is excited about what he sees on the Euro. He says the next potential for a east coast storm is next week.:arrowhead:

Ratings ratings..you are better than Joe B, and you would be a lot better if you stopped reading him, Steve D, and that idiot from accuweather.

Archived