• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter 2010-2011 Picture Thread

free_man

Post your winter 2010-2011 pictures and scenery.  

Let's keep a good visual scrapbook of this winter,  while we cook in the lungs of hell this summer it'll be a nice mental reprieve.    

This AM sunrise,  Derry/Londonderry hills in the background.   23.9 degrees.

p1000886u.jpg

Light icing event 11/26/10

p1000875u.jpg

p1000872c.jpg

Post your winter 2010-2011 pictures and scenery.

Let's keep a good visual scrapbook of this winter, while we cook in the lungs of hell this summer it'll be a nice mental reprieve.

This AM sunrise, Derry/Londonderry hills in the background. 23.9 degrees.

Nice! I had this thread started on EUSWX, forgot we should get one going here. Looks like you got a nice shot of ice.

My car yesterday after the snow squalls...

And to remember the first snow of the season, and a tribute to the snowiest October in 55 years on Mansfield (35")... here's a shot of the Mountain from town on October 17th:

Pics from Stowe village following this latest upslope snow event. After 4 days of snow, the sun finally broke through for a few minutes this afternoon down in town. However, flurries have since started back up. My snowfall total was 18.5" over the 4 day period (adding up 12hr intervals). Snow on the ground maxed out at around 14" yesterday morning after the 8.5" overnight snowfall. It then settled out yesterday to 11" and we picked up another couple inches last night, bringing the snowpack back up to 12-13". A solid, snow event overall.

Nice shots, Jayhawk! I personally love that first shot; what an awesome cliff face.

Also glad you were able to see some real snow :thumbsup:

lol .. me too. The 0.2" I got last night didn't quite do the trick.

I hadn't been to the mountains before in winter. I might have to do this again in February when there is some serious snow up there. I think next time I'll photoshop a few pics together for a panoramic effect.

lol .. me too. The 0.2" I got last night didn't quite do the trick.

I hadn't been to the mountains before in winter. I might have to do this again in February when there is some serious snow up there. I think next time I'll photoshop a few pics together for a panoramic effect.

Beautiful shots, how far are you from Newry, Western Main Mts?

• 5 weeks later...

Archived