gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Virtual Severe Weather Forecast and Chase Contest

tornadotony

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SoI have to hear him brag in forecasting again??? Ugh....Its gonna be a long class Tuesday.....

*If* I did well, it was well earned haha, this was a tough one nailing down a target going back and forth and hand analyzing the maps.

I liked the northern target all along, It was either O'Neill, NE or Yankton, SD just over the border.

Okie dokie, now for the fun part.

If you had chosen Winner, South Dakota, you would have been a clear winner! (Yes I've been waiting 24 hours for that...) Winner is in Tripp County, SD, where the F5 was. It is the only F5 tornado on record for SD.

050865pth.gif

There were no severe reports in Kansas or Missouri this day. There were additional tornadoes down in Oklahoma and Texas.

High risk was the clear, clear, clear winner for this event, but the placement of the mdt and high areas had to extend farther NW than most of you had. Also, the outbreak did not extend as far south and east as many of you had it, and that tended to bite people in the bumpkis too.

Thundersnow12 blew everyone out this round, as Brett alluded to earlier. Remember, points are multiplied by 1.5 of their original values (rounded up to the nearest digit).

Scores for the round:

Thundersnow12: 54

L.B. LaForce: 20

brettjrob: 18

thewxmann: 18

Chicago Storm: 17

cmichweather: 5

*IndyMeso*: 5

KevinAskew: 3

IsoDerecho: 2

Stebo48858: 2

Overall scores:

Thundersnow12: 89

thewxmann: 52

brettjrob: 51

Chicago Storm: 47

L.B. LaForce: 35

Stebo48858: 8

cmichweather: 5

*IndyMeso*: 5

IsoDerecho: 4

Chinook: 1

Round 4 will be posted shortly and due at 9 PM CST tomorrow.

Okie dokie, now for the fun part.

If you had chosen Winner, South Dakota, you would have been a clear winner! (Yes I've been waiting 24 hours for that...) Winner is in Tripp County, SD, where the F5 was. It is the only F5 tornado on record for SD.

Groaaannn. I was expecting better Tony. Tsk tsk tsk.

Congrats on being the "winner" for this round, Thundersnow!

Archived