Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Virtual Severe Weather Forecast and Chase Contest

tornadotony

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh... consensus in IA/MN that's not good lol

Well, don't worry about mine. I was so fixated on the lead shortwave moving out, baking H7 temps in TX, and H5 ridging in the Arklatex that I completely neglected to look for lee cyclogenesis. Won't surprise me at all if something ended up popping in the Panhandles or SW KS and outdoing whatever happens in the more obvious area. (Of course, with the scoring favoring a wide distribution of reports in the area around your target, I don't completely regret my choice).

LOL, cant wait to see the results, probably gonna be a tornado in OR or something..lol

No one actually did that bad on the forecast/outlook...moderate, as shown below, was the clear winner of categories...but placement on all the outlooks was sufficient for at least 2 points.

The Iowa targets did really well...really, really, really well...though nobody hit the absolute jackpots in Butler or Black Hawk Counties...

post-97-0-76897300-1299728933.jpg

Unfortunately, the guys in the southernmost row of Minnesota counties got the shaft...supercells a few counties N and S...not so much a bad forecast as just plain old bad luck.

post-97-0-47311700-1299729040.jpg

post-97-0-58376300-1299729064.jpg

Jim did okay in SW Kansas, but missed the tornadoes to the north.

post-97-0-03834000-1299729104.jpg

post-97-0-46186200-1299729125.jpg

post-97-0-03819200-1299729145.jpg

Scores for the round are as follows:

Chicago Storm: 21

Thundersnow12: 21

brettjrob: 20

thewxmann: 6

L.B. LaForce: 2

IsoDerecho: 2

We've got quite a competition going on for overall scores. Overall scores thus far (through 2 rounds):

Thundersnow12: 35

thewxmann: 34

brettjrob: 33

Chicago Storm: 30

L.B. LaForce: 15

Kevin Askew: 8

Stebo48858: 6

IsoDerecho: 2

Chinook: 1

I will have another case up later tonight, due at 9 PM CST tomorrow.

ROFLMAO, I just thought to myself a little bit ago - watch, this is going to be Parkersburg or something.

I had that epiphany right before Tony posted the results... I was thinking, wait a sec IA/MN that reminds me of Parkersburg.... not to mention that random MCV over the southern Plains that I considered only briefly (but was quite prominent on the morning of the actual event).

Also, remember that if you haven't joined yet, please feel free! This is only the 3rd of probably 10 rounds before the championship, so please feel free to join us! :)

One slight problem...if someone (like me) only wants to play a few of these events then there's basically no chance of getting to the championship round. :(

Archived