• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Signs of spring

tombo82685

Yesterday I experienced hundreds, maybe a thousand "snow geese" (white with black wing tips)circling a landing spot 200 yards from my house.

Amazing amount of noise when they get spooked.

Yeah I have seen alot lately started 2 weeks to almost 3 weeks ago landing in parks mostly for little breaks on their way north.

I can't believe the forsythias are that far along there. That seems way ahead of normal. Then again, them being next to that building might help a bit.

Yeah being up against the building does help, i already have had to trim the grass up against my house here due to the heat release from the house through the ground. Its almost like a micro-climate sets up to where the sun and warmth from the house and the rain has prompted the growth already.

thats because its not a forsythia i believe that is a witch hazel.

You know, I was thinking to myself while taking that pic, "something about this doesn't completely look like a forsythia, but what other yellow flowering, stick like plant can there be?"

So that makes more sense now, b/c the forsythias shouldnt be so far along with the crocuses only a few inches high now.

Archived