joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Friday 2/25 Flood and Heavy Rain Potential

am19psu

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already having power issues around here, and haven't hardly seen any wind yet. Had 2 activated CO2 alarms, within 5 minutes of each other, on the same street, due to the power outage. Not a good sign for later.

ahh, the infamous CO2 calls :lmao: haha. Stay safe out there brother. I've only had 1 call due to the humidity on the alarm system.

I guess we're putting all events with rain and t-storms in here seperate from the wind thread?

This is the area we have to watch for clearing.

Off topic but maybe you can answer this, why is it that when EAS activation is requested for severe weather warnings up in my area you harldy ever see them or should I say EAS is not fully activated. We had a couple tornado warnings last year, that eventually hit NYC and unless you were watching the weather channel or the local networks you would have never known. At my place in south Jersey, no matter what channel your watching everything flips over to the warning.

Off topic but maybe you can answer this, why is it that when EAS activation is requested for severe weather warnings up in my area you harldy ever see them or should I say EAS is not fully activated. We had a couple tornado warnings last year, that eventually hit NYC and unless you were watching the weather channel or the local networks you would have never known. At my place in south Jersey, no matter what channel your watching everything flips over to the warning.

You have Comcast down here? It doesn't do that for me, only on certain channels.

You have Comcast down here? It doesn't do that for me, only on certain channels.

Yes, Comcast and my place is in central Atlantic County (Pomona). I knew bad weather was approaching and we were under a severe thunderstorm warning at first. The weather channel flpped over to the tornado warning at the bottom of the screen and then about 15 seconds later, two other TV's on in my house on different channels went completely red, EAS Activation, Tornado Warning showed up, and the NOAA weather radio voice kicked in with the warning. I've never seen that at my house in Morris County ever and I've been through quite a few tornado warnings recently.

Archived