• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 11-12 2006 | 5 years later

earthlight

Horrible, horrible memory for me. I had maybe 2" of flurries/very light snow which resembled baby powder because the snowgrowth was so awful. The moon was out for most of it, and then it shut off altogether as it got ready to slam I-95. The next day I was reading the elation on here and the reports of 27" in Central Park. It was worthy of gouging one's eyes out. Winter essentially ended that year west of I-81 by Christmas. There was almost no snow at all after that.

Horrible, horrible memory for me. I had maybe 2" of flurries/very light snow which resembled baby powder because the snowgrowth was so awful. The moon was out for most of it, and then it shut off altogether as it got ready to slam I-95. The next day I was reading the elation on here and the reports of 27" in Central Park. It was worthy of gouging one's eyes out. Winter essentially ended that year west of I-81 by Christmas. There was almost no snow at all after that.

Yeah, this event pretty much started the run of Central PA screwjobs.

This was an amazing storm in my area, and the first overperformer in a long time. My backyard got 15", but places not very far got 20"+. Since 2004-05 was full of busts and underperformers, I honestly expected 3-6" but this storm finally broke that streak.

The bulk of the storm was at night, and I remember being in the midst of that deform band, and even got some thundersnow around 2AM.

This was an amazing storm in my area, and the first overperformer in a long time. My backyard got 15", but places not very far got 20"+.

The bulk of the storm was at night, and I remember being in the midst of that deform band, and even got some thundersnow around 2AM.

COLUMBIA HILLS............22.5 INCHES

RANDALLSTOWN..............22 INCHES

COLUMBIA..................21.3 INCHES

OWINGS MILLS..............20 INCHES

BELCAMP...................19.5 INCHES

STREET....................19.5 INCHES

Basically a HECS for those locations... I am surprised you only got 15"....

COLUMBIA HILLS............22.5 INCHES

RANDALLSTOWN..............22 INCHES

COLUMBIA..................21.3 INCHES

OWINGS MILLS..............20 INCHES

BELCAMP...................19.5 INCHES

STREET....................19.5 INCHES

Basically a HECS for those locations... I am surprised you only got 15"....

I must have missed the heaviest bands by 5-10 miles. I wasn't disappointed at all. I was very glad to get more than a foot.

And also, if I get a HECS, I'd like for the snow to stay more than 3 days.

I must have missed the heaviest bands by 5-10 miles. I wasn't disappointed at all. I was very glad to get more than a foot.

THIS for sure. It was gone here by February 18th.... :arrowhead:

The fast melt was the worst part of the storm. But it should have been expected in that pattern. Basically we got lucky and timed a s/w with a PNA spike and a transient 50/50 that was in the right spot at the right time. Nothing else supported the storm at all. Here's the pattern a few days after the storm. What a disaster.

021618.png

• 1 year later...

Being this current weather streak to be dull, i think its a good time to daydream about that storm

I live in the south forest park section of spfd mass..just east of the ct river and only about five miles over the ct/ma border. Where i live there was 16-17 inches of snow, we were right on the edge of the 2-3 inch/hr snowfall rates even had a clap or two of thunder at one point. Just two miles nw there was only 8-10 inches of snow in downtown spfd and twenty miles north in the northampton area they only had three or four inches..

It is one of the very few times I have been on the "good" side of things so to speak as this area is a screw zone big time for snow. Just a few miles to the east in Hampden ma there was solid two feet of snow. The radar loop shows it all beautifully.

I know I am not in your area but thought i would share. I am so jealous of you guys down there for all the 15 to 25 inch events over the past ten years or so lol!!

I may aveage a bit more snow than you guys each year but when you guys get the big storms you get them really good!

Archived