• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Texas/New Mexico/Louisiana/Mexico Obs And Discussion Thread Part 2

Srain

It's him. I've met and talked with him and believe that this matches up quite well. I remember one of his main hobbies was bicycle riding. Though you guys may want to remove that video from this forum. I know they don't like their videos and forecasts posted on the internet like this. Organizations pay them for those videos and products, so they don't like them posted for free. Just wanted to give you all a heads-up.

Chris Hebert is 57? I remember when Ortt left he said he couldn't post anymore because of his new job. And he works at ImpactWeather as well. So I wonder why 57 can post but Ortt can't? Hmmm......

Regarding the video, they post vids on Youtube with updates all the time. I've been subscribed to their youtube channel since Winter, so they are in the public domain.

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of the year for SE TX...

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HOUSTON/GALVESTON TX

512 AM CDT TUE AUG 2 2011

...HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 1 AM CDT THURSDAY...

.A STRONG UPPER RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE WILL BRING HOT TEMPERATURES

AND HIGH HEAT INDICES TODAY AND WEDNESDAY. THE HEAT INDEX IS

EXPECTED TO REACH TO OR ABOVE 108 BETWEEN NOON AND 6 PM ACROSS

MOST OF SOUTHEAST TEXAS INLAND OF THE COAST.

TXZ163-164-176>179-195>200-210>213-226-227-030000-

/O.NEW.KHGX.HT.Y.0001.110802T1700Z-110804T0600Z/

AUSTIN-BRAZOS-BURLESON-COLORADO-FORT BEND-GRIMES-HARRIS-HOUSTON-

LIBERTY-MADISON-MONTGOMERY-POLK-SAN JACINTO-TRINITY-WALKER-WALLER-

WASHINGTON-WHARTON-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...BELLVILLE...BRENHAM...BROOKSHIRE...

BRYAN...CALDWELL...CLEVELAND...COLDSPRING...COLLEGE STATION...

COLUMBUS...CONROE...CORRIGAN...CROCKETT...DAYTON...EAGLE LAKE...

EL CAMPO...GROVETON...HEMPSTEAD...HOUSTON...HUMBLE...HUNTSVILLE...

KATY...LAKE SOMERVILLE...LIBERTY...LIVINGSTON...MADISONVILLE...

MISSOURI CITY...NAVASOTA...ONALASKA...PASADENA...PIERCE...

PRAIRIE VIEW...RICHMOND...ROSENBERG...SEALY...SHEPHERD...

SUGAR LAND...THE WOODLANDS...TOMBALL...TRINITY...WEIMAR...

WHARTON...WILLIS

512 AM CDT TUE AUG 2 2011

...HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 1 AM CDT THURSDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN HOUSTON/GALVESTON HAS ISSUED A

HEAT ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 1 AM CDT

THURSDAY.

* EVENT...HEAT ADVISORY FOR EXPECTED HEAT INDEX VALUES REACHING TO

OR EXCEEDING 108 THIS AFTERNOON.

* TIMING...PEAK HEAT INDEX VALUES OF 108 TO 110 BETWEEN NOON AND 6

PM CDT.

* IMPACT...HEAT STROKE...HEAT CRAMPS...OR HEAT EXHAUSTION IS

POSSIBLE WITH PROLONGED EXPOSURE AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

TAKE EXTRA PRECAUTIONS IF YOU WORK OR SPEND TIME OUTSIDE. WHEN

POSSIBLE...RESCHEDULE STRENUOUS ACTIVITIES TO EARLY MORNING OR

EVENING. KNOW THE SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF HEAT EXHAUSTION AND HEAT

STROKE. WEAR LIGHT WEIGHT AND LOOSE FITTING CLOTHING WHEN

POSSIBLE AND DRINK PLENTY OF WATER.

TO REDUCE RISK DURING OUTDOOR WORK...THE OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND

HEALTH ADMINISTRATION RECOMMENDS SCHEDULING FREQUENT REST BREAKS

IN SHADED OR AIR CONDITIONED ENVIRONMENTS. ANYONE OVERCOME BY

HEAT SHOULD BE MOVED TO A COOL AND SHADED LOCATION. HEAT STROKE

IS AN EMERGENCY - CALL 911.

EACH YEAR...A NUMBER OF FATALITIES OCCUR NATIONWIDE DUE TO

CHILDREN ACCIDENTALLY BEING LEFT IN VEHICLES DURING THE SUMMER

MONTHS. IN THE PAST DOZEN YEARS...500 CHILDREN HAVE DIED DUE TO

HYPERTHERMIA AFTER BEING LEFT IN OR GAINING ACCESS TO CARS. NEVER

LEAVE CHILDREN OR PETS UNATTENDED IN A VEHICLE NOT EVEN FOR A

MINUTE. REMEMBER...BEAT THE HEAT...CHECK THE BACKSEAT.

Chris Hebert is 57? I remember when Ortt left he said he couldn't post anymore because of his new job. And he works at ImpactWeather as well. So I wonder why 57 can post but Ortt can't? Hmmm......

Regarding the video, they post vids on Youtube with updates all the time. I've been subscribed to their youtube channel since Winter, so they are in the public domain.

Yea I noticed that afterwards. Our organization has a contract with them but only a few employees have passwords to log-in and read their daily forecasts and storm forecast tracks. (At first any employee could log-in to their website.) They starting doing it like this because one of their other clients complained that they were paying for the services of ImpactWeather while all of their forecasts and videos were being posted on the internet for free where everyone could also look at. At first the YouTube channel didn't make sense to me since they appear to be sensitive about all of their data floating around the internet. So when I saw the YouTube channel the only thing I could think of is they are only offering limited discussion of the tropics and their forecasts on there while providing their clients with all of their products and services. Also I'm thinking maybe they are auditioning for other potential future clients via YouTube. And I remember when Ortt first announced that he was moving to another company but he couldn't say who...I figured out almost immediately who was talking about when I read his post.

Crazy heat. Some of the mesonet stations are reporting 113, 111 in downtown big D. Don't think they're reliable but fun nonetheless. Only 108 now. Think 113 is out of reach.

DFW is 109 F now, beating out OKC this hour. Didn't see that one coming. I agree 113 F is probably out of reach today, but you guys have all week down there since the front will never make it past the Red.

DFW is 109 F now, beating out OKC this hour. Didn't see that one coming. I agree 113 F is probably out of reach today, but you guys have all week down there since the front will never make it past the Red.

Mediterranean climate rocks. Only 100ºF at IAH, and down to 99º already. Just 93º for a high at GLS

I think it made it to 109.9ºF in DFW. Bummer, if its that hot, I'd rather have the 0.1 degree and be an even 110ºF.

Agreed. If it's going to be this hot, I'd like to go ahead and get the all time record. I think tomorrow is our last shot.

I'm curious as to why the wind has been shifting each afternoon from out of the sw to the se.

My parents near Tyler have hit 110 for four straight days apparently, and my friend who is a coach is in the hospital after he suffered heat symptoms during two-a-days. Be safe, guys, and I pray you get relief soon. And rain, precious rain.

Texans (and Oklahomans) are just a bit skewed in their priorities when football enters the picture. Sad. Hard to believe that local or state government can't ban athletic practices in these conditions -- or that they'd even need to to begin with.

More 110s today all along the Red River Valley. So far it looks like Clarksville takes the cake for TX at 111 F, while on the Oklahoma side Walters has maxed out at 112 F.

Morning e-mail from Jeff:

Not many other ways to say that it is hot and will remain hot. Heat advisory has been extended to Saturday evening and will likely be extended to Sunday later today.

Upper ridge shifts slightly westward late Sunday-Monday which may cool the afternoon temperatures 1-2 degrees…so instead of 100-102 maybe a big cool down into the 98-100 range by Sunday afternoon. Slight shift in the ridge may also allow a few isolated showers to get at least close to the area by late Sunday as eastern ring of fire nears the TX/LA border. Heat index values will remain in the 108-111 range during peak heating and the advisory will remain in effect likely until Sunday…but possibly into early next week. Residents are reminded to take frequent breaks and limit outdoor exposure to the excessive heat to only a few hours at a time. Proper hydration is required for those outside for an extended period of time.

Energy demands remain at near/over record levels placing extreme strain on the power grid, so power conservation measures should be taken.

Highs Yesterday:

Waco: 108 (broke record of 106 in 1951)

Dallas: 108 (broke record of 107 in 1951)

Corpus Christi: 100 (tied record of 100 in 1980)

Austin Mabry: 107 (broke record of 105 in 1951)

Austin Bergstrom: 105 (broke record of 104 in 1962)

San Antonio: 103 (tied record of 103 in 1962)

BUSH IAH: 101

College Station: 105

Victoria: 103

Huntsville: 105

Tomball: 102

Cleveland: 103

Sugar Land: 101

~Sigh~...

CLIMATE...
WELL IT WAS BOUND TO HAPPEN AND AS OF THIS MORNING...HOUSTON IS
ENDURING ITS DRIEST YEAR TO DATE AND HAS TIED IT`S WARMEST YEAR TO
DATE AND WILL SURPASS 1911 TOMORROW OR WEDNESDAY.

CITY OF
HOUSTON

1/1 THRU 8/7

72.2 2011
72.2 1911
71.8 1962
71.7 2009
71.7 1953

10.86 2011
12.27 1917
13.58 1915
14.41 1996
14.65 1937

Next 2 weeks look boooooring... little on the way to dent the drought :(

Restart.

-AO is not helping matters either. I'm a bit south, so there's hope as summer progresses...but for people around 30N and a bit N ... :yikes:

Has time stopped? Looks like nothing has changed.

Archived