gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Texas/New Mexico/Louisiana/Mexico Obs And Discussion Thread Part 2

Srain

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know it's bad when you get your hopes up because a front is showing up in OK on the 300 hr GFS.

And the beat goes on......

Nothing wrong with starting to fine tune your long range skills for this winter! I am kind of feeling a repeat of last winter for N. Texas but my analog skills are not great and I don't put a ton of confidence in analog forecasting...

Nothing wrong with starting to fine tune your long range skills for this winter! I am kind of feeling a repeat of last winter for N. Texas but my analog skills are not great and I don't put a ton of confidence in analog forecasting...

Talking about long range... next winter looks like a repeat of this past winter...maybe a tad drier.

Agreed. Curious as to how a -QBO will affect a setup that looks a lot like last year.

Talking about long range... next winter looks like a repeat of this past winter...maybe a tad drier.

We can get even drier?

Time to tear out the lawn and plant prickly pear and acacia?

The city of Austin actually subsidizes (or did when I lived there) homeowners replacing their lawns with xeriscaping.

We can get even drier?

Time to tear out the lawn and plant prickly pear and acacia?

The city of Austin actually subsidizes (or did when I lived there) homeowners replacing their lawns with xeriscaping.

If there's not a big TC before Oct, things could get very, very bad for many.

usPrecSea.gif

Sorry to see those of you in Texas still burning up but the Monsoon has finally kicked into effect in earnest here in NM. The past few days have seen Tstorms in the ABQ and Santa Fe area so I'm extremely grateful for the respite from the heat.

That being said, I'm coming into SA for 5 days this coming weekend and it looks I'm picking the hottest heat wave of the season. That simply sucks.

soaking rains north and east of greater houston. nothing to b/cs yet, but coming close. even got a flood advisory out for the golden triangle:

* AT 501 PM CDT A BAND OF STRONG SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE

PRODUCING RAINFALL RATES FROM 2 TO 3 INCHES PER HOUR. AROUND 1 INCH

OF RAIN HAS ALREADY FALLEN WITHIN THE LAST 30 MINUTES IN A FEW SPOTS

WITHIN THE ADVISORY AREA.

They shut down 45 about 6 weeks ago due to grass fires. If texas doesn't get some rain soon, fall is going to be a mess when the winds pick up.

i guess my biggest fear, selfishly speaking, is water rationing. if it came down to mandatory reductions in usage, that's going to be a PITA.

CLL hit 103F today... 103F forecasted for tomorrow. if we get really lucky, we may hit the record of 105F.

i guess my biggest fear, selfishly speaking, is water rationing. if it came down to mandatory reductions in usage, that's going to be a PITA.

CLL hit 103F today... 103F forecasted for tomorrow. if we get really lucky, we may hit the record of 105F.

Not sure but I think CLL is over the Ogallala Aquifer. You should be ok.

Well that was 'special'. I still have no power and we have roof hail damage in the neighborhood and an Ike leak resurfaced. The hail splashing in the pool looked like W TX...:yikes:

You're so lucky. Over an hour of loud thunder, and just a sprinkling of rain.

Archived