Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Fail and Fooked

Ji

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually it started 3 days ago when a lot of the models had the storm cutting inland, then as the guidance started to amplify the tuesday trough more and more, they have backed off of the THursday trough.

How come models never lose big Midwest storms...they only lose them for us. I'm so pissed right now

This winter is miserable. Coldest in a while, and lots of lots of possible storms to track, but in the end -- NOTHING. We probably could have gotten more snow if it was 50 to 60 for most of December and January.

to be fair though, only once this winter did I see a setup where I liked the depth of the trough, the spacing to amplify, and the location of the trough. THat one time we did actually get something to produce for us. All the other times, there was a threat yes, but it was a very low level threat because there was always something wrong. The trough axis was off because the ridge was too far east for the December event. The depth of the trough was just not enough for the early January events. The track of the vort was way to our north and west with the last 2 storms. There was always a glaring issue, some of them looked nice on the surface for a few runs of a model but there was always a reason to doubt it. We have had a ton of long shot chances and none worked out, its annoying but its not like we had good setups over and over and they all fell apart. We had marginal setups that just didnt work out. The only time we had a legitimately good setup we got snow. Its just a shame that the timing sucked with that event and it occurred between cold shots, or else we might have maxed out and had a 20" plus HECS from that one given the upper level setup and track. We might just have to settle for what we got. THere is a shot of something Tuesday I think, I think models might still be coming around on that one. I also think we have a long shot at something in March this year.

How come models never lose big Midwest storms...they only lose them for us. I'm so pissed right now

they lose storms for the midwest all the time, you just dont notice because it doesn't affect you. Chicago blizzards become Green Bay blizzards or Ohio blizzards all the time. Same with Ohio blizzards turning into Chicago blizzards. Its not just you believe it or not.

Dude I'm serious are you bipolar?

Your mood swings with every model. Watch the 12z runs shift it back and you will be calling it the storm of the century.

When models show me snow..I'll get excited again. Tonight...pure disaster and nothing will sway me otherwise

When models show me snow..I'll get excited again. Tonight...pure disaster and nothing will sway me otherwise

And just one year ago, you were on your way to getting 34" of snow. You were ecstatic on the night of Snowmageddon.

Now turn to today and the latest 0z runs, and what a difference a year makes. You thought you would get a KU storm and now the chance of that has crashed and burned.

Dude I'm serious are you bipolar?

Your mood swings with every model. Watch the 12z runs shift it back and you will be calling it the storm of the century.

He's not bipolar, but the models are. From a foot to nothing in 12 hours? That has been part of our problem this year. It's been almost impossible to get any sort of consistency. When it's existed - such as the 3 days leading up to Jan. 26 - we got our snow.

When it's been one model showing one thing and another a different solution, or one model flip flopping back and forth for days, we have ended up with nothing.

agreed 100% hpc favored the ohio valley track 2 days ago :wacko:

LC favored an OV track as of yesterday (and probably still does). DT was strongly favoring an OV/midwest track even as the Euro shifted east. The he seemed to jump on the VA snowstorm bandwagon over the last 24 hours. He was last seen bashing the GFS for continuing to show an OTS/crushed scenario. Now that the Euro shows the same, which way will he flop now?

And JB, well......

MDstorm

LC favored an OV track as of yesterday (and probably still does). DT was strongly favoring an OV/midwest track even as the Euro shifted east. The he seemed to jump on the VA snowstorm bandwagon over the last 24 hours. He was last seen bashing the GFS for continuing to show an OTS/crushed scenario. Now that the Euro shows the same, which way will he flop now?And JB, well......

MDstorm

Since Midlo is not getting his 12" i am guessing there will not be much flopping :whistle: .

we are cooked until? --the end of feb? by then it's just not the same

Maybe one last chance in early march but we have to go through a blowtorch first and no guarantee that warm will give way to a winter pattern. Avg high is near 50 in early march. Winter is about done for us

we are cooked until? --the end of feb? by then it's just not the same

Yes, March snows generally suck - especially if you live near I-95 - except maybe once every decade. If it happens during the day, it rarely even sticks on the roads or sidewalks. Plus, What good is there is rooting for an overnight snowfall that will surely melt in a day or two

The only superstorm Jb will see this week is historic subscription cancellations

DT too. I don't even understand how his followers take him seriously anymore. You add his attitude + his flip flopping + his high bust rate = a waist of Facebook bandwith.

The only superstorm Jb will see this week is historic subscription cancellations

:facepalm:

In all the years that I've gone back and researched, I cannot find anything to match the severity of what's coming next week. It will be the week of all winter weeks. Will be like surviving a nuclear war and coming out of the bunker afterwards to find devastation. Severe cold and a superstorm ...that is perhaps unequaled in winter weather history.

DT too. I don't even understand how his followers take him seriously anymore. You add his attitude + his flip flopping + his high bust rate = a waist of Facebook bandwith.

DT is only as good as the models as most mets and hobbyists are

Archived