• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February 8-12 model Discussion II

Isopycnic

Next time I see you, I'm going to show you the tab trick in SV makes seeing comparisons a snap.

so yall arent remembering all the maps lol - i was wondering if people had great memories, or saved down all the images to compare, etc. looks like there is more to a pay site than i thought (and certainly worth looking into)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The nam says this is going to be a big storm for part of Ks, Ok, and Ark. It hasn't waivered on that yet. Some areas get over .75" qpf, with excellent ratios. At 48 hours, I can't find the 850 low anymore, so thats not a good sign

Its interesting, because looking at 500mb, this run is actually a bit better than 18z... lower heights over the s/w. The problem is, its also a little bit more broad, so that cancels out the effects a stronger shortwave somewhat... this might not look as good now, but I bet we see slightly higher precipitation amounts now across the Carolinas.

Its interesting, because looking at 500mb, this run is actually a bit better than 18z... lower heights over the s/w. The problem is, its also a little bit more broad, so that cancels out the effects a strong shortwave... this might not look as good now, but I bet we see slightly higher precipitation amounts now across the Carolinas.

I don't know. At 57 hours my 850s are dropping and theres some qpf on all sides of here, north, east, south and west, nothing yet for the 85 corridor from Athens GSP CLT to GSO areas. Just saw the 60 hour. Same thing.:axe:

I don't know. At 57 hours my 850s are dropping and theres some qpf on all sides of here, north, east, south and west, nothing yet for the 85 corridor from Athens GSP CLT to GSO areas. Just saw the 60 hour. Same thing.:axe:

Yep amazing, just bone dry per the NAM. arrowheadsmiley.png @60....Jeez why is it when the NAM is depicting this you can usually take it to the bank?

The vort actually strengthened on this run crossing TN into western VA. But nary a flake here. Same at 63 hours. Certainly showing nothing or next to nothing on this side of the Apps. The dynamics and moisture are just bad to get this area I'm afraid. The 66 hour shows its over. Nada for this part of NC, really nothing much anywhere in Ala, Ga and the Carolinas, except coastal sections do get some from the transfer.

Well the other problem is that the 500mb features are slightly quicker... so even though they are deeper, they are further east, which means less time to pick up gulf moisture. It would be nice to see this s/w grow deeper further to the west, so it has time to pick up the Gulf Moisture before heading out to sea.

I don't know, overall I'd think the 500mb looks better and should be spitting out more precipitation than 18z based on the 500mb plot alone, yet its not... its strange.

Yep amazing, just bone dry per the NAM. arrowheadsmiley.png @60....Jeez why is it when the NAM is depicting this you can usually take it to the bank?

It looks to me like there is the potential to become one consolidated low in future runs? I certainly hope so, if the I-85 corridor hopes to have some accum snow out of this. Haven't been able to read through everything, but I think RW had a post about this earlier?

The vort actually strengthened on this run crossing TN into western VA. But nary a flake here. Same at 63 hours. Certainly showing nothing or next to nothing on this side of the Apps. The dynamics and moisture are just bad to get this area I'm afraid. The 66 hour shows its over. Nada for this part of NC, really nothing much anywhere in Ala, Ga and the Carolinas, except coastal sections do get some from the transfer.

That was just a downright depressing run for us....what a disaster.

SREF is brutal

just saw it. Stays to our south barely.

Well the other problem is that the 500mb features are slightly quicker... so even though they are deeper, they are further east, which means less time to pick up gulf moisture. It would be nice to see this s/w grow deeper further to the west, so it has time to pick up the Gulf Moisture before heading out to sea.

I don't know, overall I'd think the 500mb looks better and should be spitting out more precipitation than 18z based on the 500mb plot alone, yet its not... its strange.

I agree. The 5h is atleast discernable past the Miss. River. All models seem to be losing moisture, and I sure don'thave much hope here for anything, esp. right east of the mountains, where skippage is a problem anywhere unless theres a high in the ohio valley or northeast to help out with east winds. But for Ms, Ark and western Tn and part of Alabama I think its going to be a good snowfall, esp. further west you get.

It looks to me like there is the potential to become one consolidated low in future runs? I certainly hope so, if the I-85 corridor hopes to have some accum snow out of this. Haven't been able to read through everything, but I think RW had a post about this earlier?

Yep keep it consolidated and we'd be in business. Instead we end up getting this. Ive seen this pic multiple times and know exactly why the models show a Carolina split.

nam_500_060s.gif

Archived