• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Medium-long range thread

tombo82685

yea i made a remark about it like 3-4 days ago and did some maps.. Granted its way out in time, but whats being shown on the gfs is mainly rain for phl and burbs with a little snow. The surface temps are to warm. theoretically it could be snow, but it would be a non accumulating snow. Up in abe to rdg region they do a little better

Yes, thats are queu to take another 4-6 inches of snow in Macungie - just what the doc ordered after this upcoming heat blasted week. But our luck is that all 4-6 would fall during the day and melt leaving us with just an inch

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would love to see an other 4 to 8" this winter. That would put many of us over 60" for the season. I don't think Philly, greater Delaware basin has ever seen two 60+" winters back to back?

Would be nice to see Philly record 60 inches this winter. But that is unlikely unless something huge occurs with massive snow amounts. I think philly is sitting somewhere's near 39 inches approx?

I'm still going to bust on my temperature forecast from two weeks ago, but at least the -NAO is going to come in by the end of the week. :arrowhead: Between the -NAO and the SE ridge, expect oscillations between torch and winter every couple of days. The best chances for snow will be from overrunning events like the one already being discussed for Sunday.

Looking at ewall, Euro already lost the 1st storm it showed last night.

it caved to the GFS. The 1st 'storm' is merely the overrunning of warmth over cold. It wasn't a storm in the true sense. It was also a lot faster than the GFS, which has been consistent with the cutter idea.

Supposedly the 00z Euro has snow in the time period.. it would be nice to remember this winter by.

...and ice and rain. the 850 line is literally over SE PA with the early next wk system.

The 850 line shifts from Wilmington at 174 to Philly at 180...if you're north of that you're getting snow for the most part. NYC is all snow.

Archived