Newest Member
    Toothache
Medium-long range thread

tombo82685

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the pv displaced south?

In Week 1, it's clearly over W. North America, though the strongest negative anomalies are over the Atlantic at 45N. By Week 2, the strongest anomalies are over Newfoundland with a second center north of Vancouver. The mean pattern looks pretty good for overrunning type events.

looks like some decent agreement with the mjo emerging from the circle of death in phases 8/1 which alludes to colder times for the east coast per the mjo, but bad for coastal storms.

http://www.cpc.ncep....clivar_wh.shtml

It would actually be good for coastals if the SE ridge wasn't in place. Instead, by forcing the ridge up over Alaska, the MJO forces the wavelengths to shorten and we end up with that pseudo -PNA/-NAO alignment I was talking about earlier in the thread.

It would actually be good for coastals if the SE ridge wasn't in place. Instead, by forcing the ridge up over Alaska, the MJO forces the wavelengths to shorten and we end up with that pseudo -PNA/-NAO alignment I was talking about earlier in the thread.

Yea thats true the phase 8 ones, i always think phase 7 going into phase 8, but i guess its the same if its emerging in phase 8...phase 1 though translates to more offshore tracks do to the troff axis being further east correct?

Man, anyone see the end of next week's storm on the gFS? Being a week out, if we get a nice shift east that could be a monster. A lot of potential finally coming back into this pattern!

im not feeling that one, the high sliding off the coast and the whole h5 setup screams cutter. The storm after that one has better potential in my eyes with a high pressure anchored in a better spot and a more confluent flow instead of southerly flow.

im not feeling that one, the high sliding off the coast and the whole h5 setup screams cutter. The storm after that one has better potential in my eyes with a high pressure anchored in a better spot and a more confluent flow instead of southerly flow.

The NAO looks like it will be more favorable around the 24th as it flips from negative to positive, as compared to how it looks later on...

post-39-0-82265300-1298248789.gif

post-39-0-69433500-1298248793.gif

post-39-0-69424400-1298248797.gif

post-39-0-11897100-1298248801.gif

The NAO looks like it will be more favorable around the 24th as it flips from negative to positive, as compared to how it looks later on...

yea i see that. Looking at the euro here, with the west coast trof, the high sliding off the coast no 50/50 feature, no displaced pv south to act as a block and no confluence really i just dont see it as much of a threat

12zeuro500mbHGHTNA096.gif

It may not be. I hope nothing is much of a threat for the rest of the year for you guys :devilsmiley:

yea i see that. Looking at the euro here, with the west coast trof, the high sliding off the coast no 50/50 feature, no displaced pv south to act as a block and no confluence really i just dont see it as much of a threat

Archived