joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Who got screwed and who overachieved

Ji

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been busy with EMA all week and just catching up on the post-mortem.

Our total was 8.1". 3.8" of pure snow on Monday, then 3.5" of a combination of snow and sleet (mostly sleet) on Tuesday, then finished it off with a glaze of freezing drizzle and .8" of snow on Wednesday. The sleet storm was epic.

The storm did not over or under perform here .It ended about as expected. I was in the same boat with the LAF crew, being right in the transition zone.

Also, I've got a nice 11" snowpack. It looks like we will keep freshening it up over the next several days.

you guys crack me up. You got screwed because you didn't get as much ice as you wanted/expected? I'd count that as being blessed.

Yeah, I don't understand that either. I was rooting for snow, but got a rare sleet storm. I'd take that any day over ice. Ice is catastrophic.

You gotta admit you like bad weather just as much as we do.

there is a difference in wishing for it without regard (by appearances) and "liking" it while understanding its ramifications. Its like those rare chasers that cheer from afar when they see a tornado damage someone's home. I realize that its going to happen but that doesn't mean you root for it or act disappointed when it doesn't. Just my point of view.

there is a difference in wishing for it without regard (by appearances) and "liking" it while understanding its ramifications. Its like those rare chasers that cheer from afar when they see a tornado damage someone's home. I realize that its going to happen but that doesn't mean you root for it or act disappointed when it doesn't. Just my point of view.

I see what your saying and don't want harm done to people either but don't you find calm weather boring? In other words do you like storms or not? If there is bad weather coming people should be hunkered down anyways and therefore no injuries should happen even though people get injured anyways in reality.

Archived