• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
LV/Reading/NEPA/Poconos/NWNJ obs and banter PT 2

Big Jims Videos

Figure I would start the second part as we draw nearer to the biggest threat of the season.

This morning I was doing a home show with Tom and Noreen Clark and had a few hours to chat with them about tuesday-wednesday. Noreen concerned! Tom was calming all the visitors to our WNEP booth saying he expects a change to rain in the Valley Cities with highs approaching 35-36 degrees Wednesday afternoon..he expects early dismissals tuesday and closings/delays wednesday.

That's the latest. Chime in here folks!

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Tom expects a mess too! Don't get me wrong! It was an honor to be surrounded by so many years of knowledge and talking with them about their thoughts too with this upcoming system. Your soundings showed over a foot of snow for AVP...Granted it's the 18Z Nam but anything over 6 inches for us here in the Valley would give us our biggest storm of the year.

Oh Tom expects a mess too! Don't get me wrong! It was an honor to be surrounded by so many years of knowledge and talking with them about their thoughts too with this upcoming system. Your soundings showed over a foot of snow for AVP...Granted it's the 18Z Nam but anything over 6 inches for us here in the Valley would give us our biggest storm of the year.

Same in Hazy -- my top event is 5.4". :lol:

Biggest event here in Pike County, 5.0 inches.. I would be looking forward to see if the nam is onto something! haha

Well you know even if it's not we are still looking at a big ole two day mess. It's either gonna trend more snow, or more ice. I think any plain rain will be severely limited...

Well you know even if it's not we are still looking at a big ole two day mess. It's either gonna trend more snow, or more ice. I think any plain rain will be severely limited...

Yea, i think the rain idea in Nepa is a no go..

I like the idea of all snow with the initial over running. The nam and gfs atleast give parts of Nepa up to .75 qpf, models usually tend to under forecast over running.

I like how all those highs in southeast Canada are showing up, maybe the models are latching onto their true strength with the potential outcome with this system?

Walking a fine line here in Nepa..

I just wish these events could happen toward the end of the week or even better the weekend. With a long commute each day to NW NJ, this is not ideal timing. Tuesday morning is one thing with a few inches of snow, Tuesday evening and all day Wednesday could be brutal. Ice is not meant to be driven on.

Any way you look at it, this is going to be a high impact event for lots of folks who have not had anything to worry about yet this year. For me, it's going to test my nerves as being the Luzerne County reporter for wnep, I think I may be putting in some overtime in the next few days @ work...

Was wondering if anyone could give some insight. I just bought a house in Big Bass Lake, which is in Gouldsboro. Elevation ofthe house is just over 2k ft. Was up there this weekend. Over a foot on the ground up there, but some smaller storms this year. We had one storm about 2-3 weeks ago of close to a foot.

I am not that familiar with the nuances of these types of winter storms where my main home in Monmouth Co. NJ at sea level gets slop and rain a lot. Anyone know what I might be looking at in Big Bass Lake for this storm?

How about the weather in general in that area?

Thanks!

the only thing that will slow the ice accreaton is the intensity of the precip. Hopefully the nam is correct and your mainly sleet after a good front end dump of snow.

Yeah Im hoping its moderate enough freezing rain to maybe counter the freezing a little if that makes any sense, it seems when its not that heavy it acc. faster I hope things change

Archived