• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
LV/Reading/NEPA/Poconos/NWNJ obs and banter PT 2

Big Jims Videos

They were changed 2 weeks ago, and the local guy in town who has his station on Wunderground was at 33 for a bit. Also, the old standby mercury thermometer in the backyard was at 32, so I don't know.

Sounds like ur good. Maybe the difference is due to snowpack.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like Tom Clarke isn't believing the colder solutions...saying even some plain rain for Wed.,...barely 4" of Snow for the Poc.'s and 2"for even lower Carbon...

He's been saying that for the past day and a half or more.

I can understand why a NEPA forecaster would be gun shy this season.

But...in a storm that COULD be as dangerous as what some of the models, and other forecasting outlets are saying, I can't see where it's wise to PLAY DOWN the event. I'm not saying he should be a hypester or a wishcaster, but if he's wrong, and Scranton ends up getting a severe ice storm, people who don't pay attention to the weather other than on the TV news could be caught off guard. That's not a good situation if you ask me.

Where I live(Mt.Holly) I can be in Voyager's area (St.College) or PSU's and your's(Bing.) in about 25 minute's by car,either one,so it's almost a unique trivergence and the difference's sometimes in forecasts is very interesting...to say the least...actually I can see Luzerne across the Gorge...

as i just posted in the phl thread, look @ the snow maps from phl and bing....;the port jervis area in mt holly's map gets over 9 inches, the same area in bing's map gets under 2.5...

what are we supposed to believe? that's a rediculous spread between neighboring agencies...

Haven't been watching the TV Met's till tonight,but the scenario you laid out IS what happened in Feb,1994(#1 Analog)...even worse for that one as they were saying nearly all plain rain and we had none...

He's been saying that for the past day and a half or more.

But...in a storm that COULD be as dangerous as what some of the models, and other forecasting outlets are saying, I can't see where it's wise to PLAY DOWN the event. I'm not saying he should be a hypester or a wishcaster, but if he's wrong, and Scranton ends up getting a severe ice storm, people who don't pay attention to the weather other than on the TV news could be caught off guard. That's not a good situation if you ask me.

Where I live(Mt.Holly) I can be in Voyager's area (St.College) or PSU's and your's(Bing.) in about 25 minute's by car,either one,so it's almost a unique trivergence and the difference's sometimes in forecasts is very interesting...to say the least...actually I can see Luzerne across the Gorge...

While I live in State College's CWA, I'm 10 miles south of Binghamton's, and 5 miles west of Mt Holly's.

Temp.down to 18.1 here,w/some high thin clouds...

down to 21.0F west of Allentown.

21° in Bangor under partly cloudy skies.

checking in with 22 in Martins Creek,

28 in Easton

And here I sit at 27 degrees. For some reason it was warmer all day long here than in a lot of surrounding locations.

Kinda disappointed this is gonna be a lot of ice.. Gonna ruin the absolutely spectacular conditions at Blue and bear creek this past week :(

Agreed, and I've only skied Blue once since early this month. Conditions last week were absolutely amazing, aside from some small patches of ice.

FWIW, the 12z AmericanWx WRF has a strip of 5+" tomorrow in the northern Lehigh Valley.

Archived