Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
NE OK/ NW AR/ SE KS/ SW MO Winter 2011 Part 2

okie333

Here's the Euro QPF amounts:

JLN: 1.72"

TUL: 1.73"

OKC: 1.10"

Amazing JoMo. Are you excited? I am and lets hope this holds. I just want to get blasted and this will satisfie me. Our chances for a storm to come together this winter are so slight. However, this one just might beat the odds and I would be so happy.

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing JoMo. Are you excited? I am and lets hope this holds. I just want to get blasted and this will satisfie me. Our chances for a storm to come together this winter are so slight. However, this one just might beat the odds and I would be so happy.

yeah I think this will be the storm that makes me feel like this winter wasn't a complete failure. I'm hoping the models don't underestimate the warm air aloft though. I remember a storm a few years ago that was supposed to be snow but ended up with a lot of sleet. I'm excited to see heavy snow and hopefully some thundersnow.

yeah I think this will be the storm that makes me feel like this winter wasn't a complete failure. I'm hoping the models don't underestimate the warm air aloft though. I remember a storm a few years ago that was supposed to be snow but ended up with a lot of sleet. I'm excited to see heavy snow and hopefully some thundersnow.

I agree, always a worry

Sheesh. I can't get over the gradients on the models. Joplin might have 20+ inches and Branson might only see 2 inches with lots more ice. I guess the potential is really there for areas south of I-44 in the Ozarks to get a decent icing.

It doesn't appear to be as simple as the I-44 dividing line this time... it almost appears to be a sharper NNE gradient with this system, especially if you look at the models.

Don't know if it is right or not but the 12z NAM is closing off the upper low over SW MO at h36, much like the GFS did last night. Also a colder run it would appear. This storm is looking more and more epic for this area.

Surface low induced systems in this region are always more wild than the usual upper low ones, while the upper lows can surprise you they don't generate the moisture a surface low can by pulling in Gulf juice....the 3/6/08 event in N TX is a good example of another pure surface low storm in AR/MO/OK though it missed most of OK and MO.

Let's just hope the 12z GFS doesn't pull a switcheroo on us. I do doubt it, however, because the models have been pretty consistent with this storm.

Its hard to get much movement with this event because the system can't really go north since its in no man's land as far as the big vortex over the Rockies not being close enough to pull it north but at the same time close enough to really prevent the southern shortwave from being able to cut north on its own...also the SE ridge is quite amped which is preventing much of a southward shift...hence I think why there has been little change in 24-36 hours.

Archived