Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Post Your Seasonal Totals, and Monthly Totals

TheSnowman

59" for the season.

34.7" for January.

55" for the season, just behind you and NYC :P NYC being so close to 100" in a calendar year is amazing, as well as nearly 3 20 inch snowstorms in that time period and the second month with 3 feet or more of snow :snowman::thumbsup::gun_bandana:

55" for the season, just behind you and NYC :P NYC being so close to 100" in a calendar year is amazing, as well as nearly 3 20 inch snowstorms in that time period and the second month with 3 feet or more of snow :snowman::thumbsup::gun_bandana:

Neck and neck this winter Alex. 54.5" in Colts Neck so far. 29.5" for January and 25.0" in December. A HECS, MECS, SECS, and a couple minor events in the books so far. Straight cold since Dec 1; this has been the best Dec/Jan of my lifetime, following last winter's best Feb of my lifetime! We're living big history right now!

...SNOWIEST JANUARY ON RECORD...

...CLIMATE SITE... ...OLD RECORD... ...JANUARY 2011 TOTAL*...

CENTRAL PARK 27.4 INCHES (1925) 36.0 INCHES

NEWARK 31.6 INCHES (1996) 37.3 INCHES

LAGUARDIA 27.6 INCHES (1996) 32.4 INCHES

BRIDGEPORT 26.2 INCHES (1965) 41.8 INCHES

ISLIP 21.5 INCHES (2005) 34.2 INCHES

*MONTHLY SNOWFALL TOTALS AS OF 7 AM JANUARY 27 2011

pretty cool numbers above.....i think this is going to go down as the best winter we have seen.....and if i can get algreek and sundog to admit that(95-96)...then you know it was truly great

February 2010 produced 46" in Colts Neck, but the one month Dec 26/27-Jan 26/27 period produced 55" - extremely impressive.

January total was exactly 30", so nowhere near last winter's snowiest month on record.

Tim - I agree, assuming the winter doesn't completely fall apart now, we could give 95-96 a run for its money. Would need 83"+ to break it in Monmouth County. We've got a ways to go. But even still, who would've thought we'd come this close to 95-96, especially after just experiencing a historic winter.

February 2010 produced 46" in Colts Neck, but the one month Dec 26/27-Jan 26/27 period produced 55" - extremely impressive.

January total was exactly 30", so nowhere near last winter's snowiest month on record.

Tim - I agree, assuming the winter doesn't completely fall apart now, we could give 95-96 a run for its money. Would need 83"+ to break it in Monmouth County. We've got a ways to go. But even still, who would've thought we'd come this close to 95-96, especially after just experiencing a historic winter.

Tom,

83 inches might be very tough, but say we get two MECS and one SECS, then we can do it.

Archived