Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
NYC/PHL January 25-27 Potential Bomb Part 6

earthlight

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love the suny MM5, although its not exactly dec 26th material. some parts of eastern NJ saw 2-2.5" QPF from that storm, and this model only shows 1.75" at best (comparable to recent EMCWF runs), with paltry ratios coming from the marginally cold 1000-800mb layer. I'd say a max of 18" along the southern half of the NJTurnpike from staten island to about wilmington, DE would fall on this run. That said, its an amazing depiction by a model that has been known for nailing mesoscale bands

One only has to compare the last two runs of the SREF's (which normally are somewhat consistent) which made huge changes in only 6 hrs. It literally went from 8+ in. for Scranton, PA to flurries. We can't take this to the bank until tomorrow nigh, I'm sorry to say. This is especially true in this sort of setup where if you aren't under the CCB, you're screwed (with marginal temps, we are going to need heavy snow to really bring down the surface temps and get anything to stick well on pavement).

One only has to compare the last two runs of the SREF's (which normally are somewhat consistent) which made huge changes in only 6 hrs. It literally went from 8+ in. for Scranton, PA to flurries. We can't take this to the bank until tomorrow nigh, I'm sorry to say. This is especially true in this sort of setup where if you aren't under the CCB, you're screwed (with marginal temps, we are going to need heavy snow to really bring down the surface temps and get anything to stick well on pavement).

I'm pretty sure the fact that this falls at night and that we've been below freezing for days negates the pavement argument. :lol:

hr 42 has a sub 1004 low over outerbanks just west of hse

h5 low has opened up over eastern tn

.1-.25 nyc to sce south

850s dulles to phl to ttn to holmdel

.25-.5 just south of m/d line

I just want to let you know that I appreciate your pbp's Tombo! You've been a very busy guy the last several weeks doing these 0z Euros :thumbsup:

Archived