Jump to content

mitchnick

Members
  • Posts

    29,023
  • Joined

Everything posted by mitchnick

  1. We simply toss the Euro and run with the Cansips.
  2. The single digit members (ala 96/97) are skewing it lower. Of course, that type year is on the table if the Canadian ridge bullies south. Better not.
  3. The Euro's 23/24 winter forecast just stunk. As I previously posted, the Cfs2 was already showing a warm winter by mid September. This year, the difference between the 2 right now is not that great and they are similar to the Cansips, Jamstec, and NMME. So it's going to be a massive failure by all modeling or a consensus success. The only caveat being there's still time for modeling to change to something better or worse depending on one's perspective .
  4. Let's hope not too much of a typically good thing.
  5. Euro blew chunks with the 23/24 forecast thru the fall of 2023. Interestingly, Cfs2 forecast starting mid 9/23 was warm and not canonical Niño. https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/CFSv2/cfsv2_fcst_history/202309/htmls/usT2me3Mon.html
  6. Maybe @Weather Will can post some of the monthly maps when he gets a chance.
  7. For coastal locations, it'll be harder for snow, but it'll still be dependent on exact track and surface High locations. But if the precip forecasts from all the seasonal modeling are correct, there will at least be a lot of chances. If nothing else, it won't be a boring winter.
  8. Updated Euro seasonal. A touch warmer for the winter months by around .5C. Still wet. Link to everything off this run. https://charts.ecmwf.int/?facets={"Product type"%3A["Experimental%3A AIFS"]%2C"Parameters"%3A[]%2C"Type"%3A[]%2C"Range"%3A["Seasonal"]}
  9. Link for everything on Euro seasonal https://charts.ecmwf.int/?facets={"Product type"%3A["Experimental%3A AIFS"]%2C"Parameters"%3A[]%2C"Type"%3A[]%2C"Range"%3A["Seasonal"]}
  10. Updated Euro a touch warmer this run. DJF and JFM T2.
  11. You should post that over in the main Enso thread. You're sure to make lots of friends.
  12. I have children and grandchildren. Still don't worry about it. Like I said, too many other things imho that are going to "get us." lol
  13. I neither care nor worry about it. Plenty of other more important things in this world imho.
  14. I don't deny earth's warming. I just don't believe it's the end of the world or unusual.
  15. Fortunately, for those interested in the winter, it covers the smallest area and sits south of the equator but for the northern border bounded by it. Hence, at this point, whether it exceeds current max records or not, it won't have much to say for winter in the east compared to the other areas. So yeah, let's get the record this year.
  16. And there's something wrong with that?
  17. Before I got the place here in fall 2019, it did pretty well with Niñas and always substantially better than BWI. Showmethesnow used to routinely humiliate BWI totals. But that changed after I moved here except for 20/21.
×
×
  • Create New...