Jump to content

mitchnick

Members
  • Posts

    29,014
  • Joined

Everything posted by mitchnick

  1. Yep. It's gorgeous outside. Anyway, the only thing that matters now is to maintain the +NAO thru October and hope that turns into a - NAO for winter. And fwiw, 12z runs of both the Gefs and Geps do just that solidly +NAO today thru the end of their runs (ending 10/21.)
  2. I'll try this again. Lol I like how the Euro has 850 temp anomalies for most of the forum under 1C for the DJF period. The SLP for the periid is tasty too. Sorry about the 850 map, but that's all money can buy you on the free site. Bncho?
  3. Monthly temp and precip care of bncho in MA forum.
  4. I believe @Weather Will and @CAPE would have monthly Euro seasonal maps. Hint, hint...!
  5. Updated October Euro seasonal out. Temos around the same as September.'s. But a little wetter than September. These maps are for DJF combined fyi. https://charts.ecmwf.int/products/seasonal_system5_standard_2mtm?area=NAME&base_time=202610010000&stats=ensm&valid_time=202612020000 https://charts.ecmwf.int/products/seasonal_system5_standard_rain?area=NAME&base_time=202610010000&stats=ensm&valid_time=202612020000
  6. Euro a little wetter this run vs September for the DJF period. Probably noise. https://charts.ecmwf.int/products/seasonal_system5_standard_rain?area=NAME&base_time=202610010000&stats=ensm&valid_time=202612020000
  7. Euro monthly October out Here's temps. Similar to September. https://charts.ecmwf.int/products/seasonal_system5_standard_2mtm?area=NAME&base_time=202610010000&stats=ensm&valid_time=202612020000 Here's all other product link: https://charts.ecmwf.int/?facets={"Product type"%3A["Experimental%3A AIFS"]%2C"Parameters"%3A[]%2C"Type"%3A[]%2C"Range"%3A["Seasonal"]}
  8. Well considering of all the people in the world that die from temperature extremes, cold causes outnumber warm by a ratio of 9-to-1, I must be doing the right thing for humanity.
  9. That's crazy. Beautiful blue skies with just some high clouds in Hanover. .3" yesterday
  10. Speaking of the Nam, I just saw in the NE forum the NWS has extended its life until 11/3.
  11. With all my weather links, this showed up in my YouTube feed.
  12. I agree. But most modeling was going in a different direction and some were questioning whether this Niño was coupling.
  13. It all waxes and wanes. Nothing new in the earth's history will come of it. But I can see how using RONI could "upset" some who think (or make a living from) the end of the world is coming.
  14. So anything that dares to minimize CC can't be better. Typical coming from the paid CC spokesman, Ben Knoll.
  15. They were pretty good last winter with maintaining the cold. I haven't followed them since March.
  16. Euro weeklies say "not so fast." https://charts.ecmwf.int/products/extended-anomaly-2t?base_time=202610020000&projection=opencharts_north_america&valid_time=202610120000
  17. Euro weeklies say "what a way to run an historic warm Niño. " @GaWx https://charts.ecmwf.int/products/extended-anomaly-2t?base_time=202610020000&projection=opencharts_north_america&valid_time=202610120000
  18. Don't know if anyone noticed, but many of the MR models are showing a big hit of BN over the Conus east of the Mississippi at the end of their runs for the past few days. 18z EuroAi and Gfs are pretty impressive with 12z support on the Gefs and Geps. https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=ec-aifs&region=us&pkg=T2ma&runtime=2026100218&fh=360 https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=gfs&region=us&pkg=T2ma&runtime=2026100218&fh=384 Edit: Euro weeklies are on board too as the first 3 weeks (surprisingly) are BN in much of the east. https://charts.ecmwf.int/products/extended-anomaly-2t?base_time=202610020000&projection=opencharts_north_america&valid_time=202610120000
  19. But cool air is on the way and not far away for that matter. https://www.weather.gov/wrh/hazards?obs=true&wfo=ctp&hazard=true&hazard_type=all&hazard_opacity=80&tab=legend
  20. The October "mother of all WWB" has been on the Cfs2 for close to 2 months. Hard to believe with that model, but true nonetheless.
  21. On the + side, it likely means it's a stronger push of colder air. I'll take that as a "not so negative" considering temp will likely be our biggest problem come December.
  22. All 3 ensembles are showing just that thru the end of their runs today (again.)
×
×
  • Create New...