Jump to content

Spanks45

Members
  • Posts

    4,372
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Spanks45

  1. Up to 62⁰, now the sun is out...feels great! Turkey is grilling away.
  2. The ridge is well north of Alaska past 14 days...that should deliver some arctic air and shut off the Pac for a while
  3. greatest decision my family made! We have actually been homeschooling for 3 years now and haven't missed a beat...We have missed the lack of sports though. Thankfully we moved back in August and our cul-de-sac has multiple families with kids almost all the same age and they are getting together to play almost everyday, social distancing of course. I can;t even imagine what it would be like if both of us worked and had to deal with the on and off remote schooling, just a nightmare.
  4. a friend's parents just got it, from simply having an uncle stop by and help out with a few things around the house. Both parents are not doing very well at this point, amazing how 1 simple interaction could lead to dire consequences.....we need some sort of vaccine asap
  5. its like finally getting the EURO to latch on to the blizzard being shown by most models....GFS is Nevada at the moment, might show the blizzard after the snow starts falling
  6. This guy has been around 2 out of the last 3 nights....first at 430 am and last night at 815 pm, 5 minutes after I had the dog out. I do not really want to run into him.
  7. Great views from my house as it sits at the high point of the "valley". I don't think those hills will effect much, might end up staying under 32 in freezing rain events though. The breezes are great, so much better than our last place, surrounded by trees, never had any breezes, always felt stagnant.
  8. The bottom third, that the main unit is attached to is a galvanized steel pipe. The anemometer is attached to an aluminum pole that is used for a roof rake. Since it doesn't snow anymore, I figured the pole would get better use holding an anemometer...
  9. Finally got the Davis setup, temporarily at least until I get the garden built and the anemometer on top of the house....
  10. North of here, right before the crazy winds and power knocked out again...
  11. Yup, I have no time to deal with anymore of that...a nice steady rainfall is fine by me
  12. Flakes flying here again, deck is a sheet of ice with a coating of snow...31.1 this morning.
  13. Wind is whipping, temp down to 35 and now we have some snow falling....what a May 9th!
  14. Midlevel magic ftw here in wct...snowing moderately but the heaviest seems to be over now...
  15. Just hit 7 inches here, this band in wct is starting to move, but has been great while it lasted...31.4
  16. I have been sitting under that band for a while now, definitly fluffier in nature than last storm, but still sticking to everything. 4.75" so far, 31.8
×
×
  • Create New...