Jump to content

kvegas-wx

Members
  • Posts

    2,392
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by kvegas-wx

  1. Hurricane Delta - "Hold my beer and watch this" A little to early to write her / him / it off with a low intensity forecast. If Delta gets through a full ERC and accelerates a bit you could easily be dealing with another deteriorating Cat 4 storm similar to a Katrina. I hate that comparison, but its valid nonetheless.
  2. In 2020 fashion, here's to hoping the word "glacier" becomes a concern for the mountains this year. Looking forward to some of that excess snow making its way to the foothills. No hoarding up there!
  3. Hello....hello...hello.....Echo.....Echo....Echo.... Seriously, did the SE forum take August off? Fall is almost here folks! Time to spread some lime and fertilizer! Time to ready the plows Frosty! The only member I've seen in days is Burnsie and thats only because he moderated one of my posts over in the Laura thread...thanks Mr Burns. I know its the last few Dog Days, but there is so much great weather just a calendar flip away. It's almost fall.....let's do this!
  4. And a heated blanket or two. And a generator. Maybe a pellet stove or a solar solution for heat. You can survive the heat. You cant survive the cold, especially with no power and secondary heat source. You're gonna freeze your rocks off Mack!
  5. Or.....we all realize that Mack was the curse of the SE forum and his departure brings a 10 year run of 20+ inch snowfalls and below normal temps, including 6" of snow on Christmas eve. Meanwhile in Iowa they're playing golf in January and rejoicing in the growing season being extended for 2 months. Thanks Mack!
  6. You'll spend a lot of time up in Wisconsin. Those weekend strolls over to Madison and up to Wisconsin Dells will be amazing. Hope you like camping and fishing. Definitely an outdoor sportsmans paradise.
  7. First sunburn of the season on Belews Lake today. Stunning early spring weather!
  8. Just landed at GSO. So happy to see the snowglobe as we popped out of the clouds. I dont care what radar shows, there's a lot of snow in those clouds. I saw it! Lol.
  9. Looks like a paste job in Stuart VA. Sticking to the tree branches and flagpole. Moderate snow.
  10. Grass going white in Stuart Va. 1500'. No thermometer on my webcams (need to fix that). But still snowing steady.
  11. Getting real close to rippin' fatties status up in Stuart. Edit - full on snow now. I can see dimes falling on the security cams.
  12. All snow from the first drop on the farm webcams up in Stuart Va. 1500'. Light snow now, should pick up quickly.
  13. Sleeting hard in uptown CLT per my daughter.
  14. I'm in TX getting ready to hop a flight back to GSO and where I was reporting steady rain for the last 36 hours straight, I can tell you the wind is RIPPING on the back side of this storm. Not looking forward to this flight as this thing is really winding up.
  15. This thread will be loaded by midnight tonight. Lotta broken hearts across the northern tier of NC coming. I have a hunch folks down east will "see" some pretty snow that is rate driven with very little to show for it. We've all been here before.
  16. Say it ain't so NAM! I can't be flying back into GSO on Thursday afternoon in a foot of snow. That dog won't hunt. I'm sorry, but I'll be doing my best to throw a lasso around that thing when it crosses Texas to see if I can slow it down. If it wants to wait until after 4pm I'm all in!
  17. Foothills up in Stuart VA. Got the lawn ready to lime like crazy, kill the moss by March and overseed into April. Mother Nature is doing a fine job right now. None of us will suffer from the winter blues and we may still bank a couple of storms in Fab Feb.
  18. I've been telling you folks to enjoy the heck out of what you have today cuz the rest of winter could easily be cool and wet. I mowed today, cleaned some trash in the woods, swept out the barn, went on a trail ride, and on and on. What an outstanding day!!
  19. Should have some OBS coming in over the next 45 minutes. Post em if ya got em. Watching my security cams up in Stuart and waiting for that line back around Mt Airy to blow thru. 70mph gusts with that one. Get those chainsaws ready.
  20. Somebody from CLT south is getting ready to have a bad night. Worried about these high winds across the triad too as wet as the ground is. Power outages ahead me thinks.
  21. It'll moderate......to about 67° in Elkins, WV. And that will be on the heels of 3 straight days of rain. Face it folks, we are now almost halfway into January with a LR forecast and no wholesale changes towards a more favorable pattern are in sight. The winter battle will be fought over 8 weeks from mid Jan to mid March and given how far off-base most of the forecasts have been thus far, I dont think anyone knows what the heck might happen for those 8 weeks.
  22. I expect lots of venting too. We are on the doorstep of the 2018 December Destroyer so most of us by this time last year were already looking at 120% of our annual avg. This year we are waiting on pattern alignment, we are well into December before fantasy snow is showing up, which means we will be well into January before any real chances surface. I can see us ending up with the slightly BN temps this winter that are being forecasted, but I can also see us being on the southern edge of the storm track all winter too. It's the curse we endure. I would holster that for now or risk living here in the sanitarium this winter.
  23. Another plowable December to remember?? Great, that also means golfing by February.
  24. Dang man, ya left us hanging over here in Kvegas! Now its just me and TarheelWx. You go to Reidsville?
  25. I was just wondering the same thing....why no watches with this??? Especially on Halloween. Folks in my neighborhood are oblivious to the weather and are losing their minds about Kernersville moving to tomorrow night. You would think RAH or Blacksburg would err on the side of caution here? Edit - I stand corrected. I see the Tornado Watch issued for border counties north. I'll assume RAH is evaluating.
×
×
  • Create New...