SENC
Members-
Posts
910 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Everything posted by SENC
-
Wiff & miss.. Cold Rain
-
#MeToo..
-
Various Model Run(s) show My area(s) SENC, getting a dusting & pasteing.. looking back at Historical records.. Seems We get a "decent" pasteing every 3~4 years here, in Jan~Feb, so yeah,, were due.. Wilmington, NC Snowfall Database since 1870 (weather.gov)
-
No Snow for you..
-
06Z JAN 21 (+174 hour) GFS was.... Interesting..
-
Temp(s) are crashing here on the Coast as I type, In the last hour, from 55/54 too 44 & falling..
-
In My (Untrained eyes) looks the Deform band is starting to set-up just NW of Fayettenam..
-
NO, SLP/ULL off the coast (yet),, i'm here, (On the coast),, nothing happening yet..
-
Thats what I'm watching looking at.. Looks to be about 50 +/- miles SW of Florence, SC..
-
Looking @ Radar, ULL looks to be around between Columbia & Florence SC, (Not yet transitioned off the coast)
-
(Local NWS) for My Coastal area(s).. .SYNOPSIS... A storm system will impact the area with cold and blustery winds today, with increasing clouds and isolated showers, followed by widespread showers tonight. The showers may change over to, or mix with snow and sleet from I-95 eastward across interior SE NC, tonight into pre-dawn Saturday, before moving off the coast just prior to daybreak Saturday. No accumulation of snow or ice is expected. Drying with fair and cool weather can be expected over the weekend. A less intense system may bring rain to area Monday night and Tuesday. && .UPDATE... Dry slot lifting NNE, will bring infusion of cloud `re- fill`, after which by late afternoon, upper cold pool rotates across NE SC and SE NC, bringing widespread showers from west to east, and some of this apt to change over to -SHSN and IP in the evening as NW winds bring bolstered cold air advection. `Cold air chasing moisture` will see overlap, to bring brief frozen pcpn tonight, favored over interior SE NC. Accumulations of ice or snow not anticipated on roadways, as temps on the concrete surfaces are likely to melt quickly, anything arriving frozen. Will see what 12z data brings in terms of -SHSN/IP adjustments, that will shape messaging into the main issuances this aftn.
-
Can (I) assume the ULL is making the "transfer" ATM? To the Coast? We went from Sunny to VERY cloudy Skies, in the past hour.. Cloud deck has Lowered, & looks (Ominous) AND NWS is now calling for a "mix" here on the Coast, Later this afternoon/tonight..
-
looking at the various Mesoscale Models, & soundings, (for My area(s)),, I *MAY* see some token Flakes, MIX, or a plaster crush.. As the ULL transfers to the coast & deepens.. Wouldn't mind some "token flakes" too see..
-
i'm so sry, this is OT but I gotta share.. (15) WildTurkeys - YouTube
-
Going over on 441, freezing rain fog Early in the morning..
-
Visited Cades Cove, visited Clingsmans Dome, etc, beautified places, i envy you folks up in the High Mountains, (as much as ya'll envy the coast)..
-
missed this just by a couple days.. I knw I've not posted in Awhile, perfect temps in the 70's with (freezing) temps in the Low 20's.. dern it I cannot insert files.
-
After this Hyper-Active Tropical Hurricane season,, Going into Fall/Indian Summer.... (Short Lived).. Wouldn't it be "On par" with 2020,, To get a YUGE Blizzard , about Mid-Late October/Early to Mid-November time frame, covering the WHOLE State of NC, et al? Several feet,, in the Mountains, to 12++ inches all the way down to the Coastal Area(s)?? THAT would put a "Night Cap" too 2020 for the Southeastern Forum, Don't cha think?...
-
May I please "comment" on this Code yellow , I've not really mentioned this, just "observations" via Radar/Nexrad, It's been, how can I say? Almost a Homebrew? system thats been just off the coast now,, for several days, bringing Numerous Showers & T-storms across My area, here on the coast.. You could actually "see" the cyclonic Motions on Radar, (the past 3 days),, though I've NOT said anything, being a Weather weenie & all that.. interesting,, nether-the-less, for a possible "homebrew" system.. Maybe @shaggy & @downeastnc, can chime in Since they are also close to "Coastal" areas here in SENC, abit just north, closer to Morehead City.. It's downright TROPICAL HUMIDITY, right now here just north of Wilmington..
-
Plant some Rice.. I did a few years back, (Carolina Gold Heirloom rice),, Down here in ILM,, Was quite successful..
-
I don't hear that Corn-Fed Gal,,,,, Singing yet...….
-
-
Seems like the tune for the upcoming pattern..
-
Crazy, *Cold* ? Front about to come through,, ACTUALLY Raises Temps by 2 degrees , but lowers the Humidity & Dews..
-
